Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas >
  • Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

• Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 PM

My wife is a great quilter and a wonderful wife/friend/confidant/support system all rolled into one pretty package.

She's made Christmas quilts, purses, table runners and things I can't even identify.

I need help in chosing a great gift for my favorite quilter. In these troubled times, money is a little tight but I am sure there is enough for something nice. Maybe not a new quilting machine but she already has a big monster that must be 10' long and a Genomie sewing machine to boot. She has enough fabric to quilt Rhode Island and maybe Vermont to boot. So, what is a DH to do?

Is there anything that comes close to being a romantic quilting gift? I want this to be a special Christmas for her. I don't want to buy another set of spark plugs and wrench so she can change them herself again. Hey, a couple of years ago the plugs made her car run better but it hurt when she hit me with the wrench. Oil for her car is out too.

Suggestions please.

Wally
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 PM

Does she have or ever expressed the desire for an Accuquilt system? If so, here is a link to the best price I have found on one:

http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com...ls/page_1.html
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
    Google Goddess

you could go to your local quilt shop and give her a gift certificate and some surprises

has she hinted to you what she would like?
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Besides sewing I love to listen to music while I am doing it...maybe a nice stereo
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 PM

I say you can't go wrong with a Gift Card so that she can purchase more fabric from her favorite quilt shop.
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM
    Power Poster

How about a gift card in a box with a couple of scented candles, nice bath salts, and a box of her favorite chocolates... :D:D:D
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

as a Quilting Guy I Second Craftybear's Idea. Is there anything she might be missing to make her quilting easier?? are her sissors worn out?? does she have all the rulers she might need?

I am not the greatest gift getter for my DW. I ask her to make a list of possible things she wants. Then pick and choose what I get her. I suggest you have her set up the list in the order of what she wants the most to the least.

Yours in Quilting
    Christopher

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL!!
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 PM

My DH did this for me one year and I was surprised and so happy and the gift lasted a long time. Here's what he did:

He went to a local quilt shop (LQS) and one of the ladies helped him pick out 200.00 worth of supplies, tools, gadgets, scissors ( no rotary cutters back then)5 different solid colors fabrics (3 yard each)and a bunch of different colored threads. He even threw in a couple of quilt books, which I still have today. It was the best present he ever got for me and it reminded me of his love and thoughtfulness every time I used something from that big box. He passed away 17 years ago and that gift is one I will always remember. My kids remember it too because it made me cry!
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:26 PM
    Power Poster

I'm no help. Gift certificates. I'm old and have most everything I need. Rather than a bunch of stuff I really don't need or want. I like money or money cards. It is always the right size and right color. However, many women Want a gift. Sooooo, like I said I'm no help. :0
    Old 12-09-2010, 03:30 PM

You know, my husband has the same problem. I've been quilting for 10 years. Anything I might need, I have. I gave my husband this option. I told him that I adore Jinny Beyer and that if he went to her site and picked out a quilt kit HE liked, I'd love to make it. I figure I couldn't lose with a gift like that. I'd get to quilt one of her lovely designs , it would have an element of surprise, AND I get to make something that I know he liked enough to choose. Perhaps that might work for you?

Now I fully expect that I'll get slippers !! ( just kidding!)