Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Will >
  • Quilter's Will

• Quilter's Will

Old 02-26-2023, 05:42 AM

Myself and two of my best friends have a pact that if one of us passes away the others will oversee the distribution of each others sewing stuff. Our husbands would just call a thrift store and have them pick everything up. Mine wouldn't have a clue what most of it is or how much he paid for some of the machines I have.
    Old 02-26-2023, 06:33 AM
    mkc

I know folks are joking about this, but if you truly want to ensure your fabric, machines, etc. go to a particular person/people, you really do need a proper will. That means signatures of witnesses who are not beneficiaries of the will. "But I was promised", or "We had an agreement" doesn't hold up in probate court.
    Old 02-26-2023, 07:37 AM
    Power Poster

My quilting buddies are the same age as me and we all have full to bursting sewing rooms. They don't want the bother of cleaning out mine nor me theirs. We have talked about this. We have done this before when we lost several other quilter friends and we know it is too much to deal with as we get older. I have been sorting and decluttering my sewing room one area at a time. There is one young quilter in our guild that I have been taking rulers, notions, patterns, etc to. She is excited to have them.
    Old 02-26-2023, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    My quilting buddies are the same age as me and we all have full to bursting sewing rooms. They don't want the bother of cleaning out mine nor me theirs. We have talked about this. We have done this before when we lost several other quilter friends and we know it is too much to deal with as we get older. I have been sorting and decluttering my sewing room one area at a time. There is one young quilter in our guild that I have been taking rulers, notions, patterns, etc to. She is excited to have them.
    That's great! If I knew a younger quilter, I would totally share some of my stuff with her. I do the sorting by area thing, too. I was looking for a pattern for a purse insert that I had the other day. I found it in a cupboard eventually, but on the way I tossed a whole bag of stuff out dated stuff out. I need to do that more often.