Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Will >
  • Quilter's Will

• Quilter's Will

Old 02-22-2023, 12:27 PM

Default Quilter's Will

Since it's a new year, it might be time for us all to consider making our wills. Here's a sample of mine,Quilter’s Will

Being of sound mind and body (a statement that does not bear close scrutiny), I ______________ do hereby record my last will and testament. Knowing that _________________, my _______________ (husband, sister, daughter) has no appreciation, or for that matter knowledge of my extensive fabric collection, which, by the way is deposited in various places throughout my house for safe keeping. Knowing also that _________________has also notified the goodwill store should I precede him or her to that great quilt shop in the sky, to pick up and dispose of the aforementioned collection. Therefore I do WILL this collection and all other collections related to it, to my dear fellow fabric preservationist _________________. It is my wish that she, upon hearing of my death and obtaining clear proof that I didn’t not manage (although goodness knows I tried) to take it with me, will come to my home, before the goodwill store searches out my collection. That she should rescue said collection and stack it in my quilting studio, along with my sewing machines, frames, old buttons, lace, patterns. quilts, dolls and works in progress. And after she has done that, she should purchase refreshments for all my friends, not yet departed, which friends are also her friends, and every last one shall be in that room and they shall hold a wake and say lots of lovely and kind things about me until they run out and then they shall divide amongst themselves my wonderful collection. Be forewarned! I shall be hovering over that very spot until this done. _______________ shall then leave this spot and close the door, leaving the car, house, stocks, bonds and other worldly nonsense to those who don’t understand or know any better. This is my wish on the matter.

Signed: _____________________________________

Date: ___________________
    Old 02-22-2023, 12:29 PM

ha, ha! now that I should borrow and tweak a bit for myself!
    Old 02-22-2023, 01:26 PM

Very funny! Every quilter should have one of these.
    Old 02-22-2023, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
    It is my wish that she, upon hearing of my death and obtaining clear proof that I didn’t not manage (although goodness knows I tried) to take it with me, will come to my home, before the goodwill store searches out my collection. That she should rescue said collection and stack it in my quilting studio, along with my sewing machines, frames, old buttons, lace, patterns. quilts, dolls and works in progress. And after she has done that, she should purchase refreshments for all my friends, not yet departed, which friends are also her friends,…

Signed: _____________________________________

Date: ___________________
    Why “she”? Real men sew too….
    Old 02-22-2023, 03:14 PM

I can hear all of the "saves" and "prints" being activated!! What a hoot. You have given me a great laugh, but to be honest, it is much closer to fact than fiction for many of us. I think it's a great idea, and so does my hubby. My husband and I are very supportive of each other's hobbies, but when the time comes, we'll need something just like this to deal with all of our specialized hobby "stuff".
    Old 02-22-2023, 03:48 PM

Yep had to save that! And I am going to share too! Thank you!
    Old 02-24-2023, 08:54 AM

Love it! Thanks for adding a chuckle to my day!
    Old 02-24-2023, 09:15 AM

LOL!! I just had this conversation again with my BFF! I'm in MN, and she's in OR. She has a huge studio, with a full wall of fabric, several machines, cutting tables, and all the extras. She's often told me her family knows that I will inherit her quilting items if she goes before me.I visit twice a year, just to make sure she's taking care of *my* stuff!
    Old 02-24-2023, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb
    LOL!! I just had this conversation again with my BFF! I'm in MN, and she's in OR. She has a huge studio, with a full wall of fabric, several machines, cutting tables, and all the extras. She's often told me her family knows that I will inherit her quilting items if she goes before me.I visit twice a year, just to make sure she's taking care of *my* stuff!
    LOL @ "my" stuff!
    Old 02-25-2023, 08:56 AM

That says it all very well!