Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilting advice on Little Gracie II >
  • quilting advice on Little Gracie II

• quilting advice on Little Gracie II

Old 10-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Default quilting advice on Little Gracie II

I am wonder what is the longest width I can quilt on a Little Gracie II. The poles are 98 inches but the machine doesn't go all the way to side. If you have this frame what is the widest I could quilt?

Also if I can fit the material, could I quilt the center and then do the borders after..like free motion off the frame?
    Old 10-16-2015, 11:55 AM
    Power Poster

Move your machine all the way to the side and measure the un-useable length. Add in a few inches for the clamps. I have a long arm and loose about 6" on each side. I also have a 10' frame, so I can only quilt 9' or so. If I want to quilt a larger quilt, I piece the center (no borders) quilt that
    , then take that part off and load the borders separately, quilt them, then join everything using a QAYG technique (I like the one that uses sashing).
    Old 10-16-2015, 04:44 PM

It looks like I'll have 85-86 inches side to side after measuring the movement of the machine. I have a quilt top already done that measures 89 x 89 so I am figuring I should be able to quilt most of it on the frame and then will pin the edges and do them off the frame.
    Old 10-17-2015, 06:31 AM

I used to have a Grace Pro frame 10' but it measured 129" so more than the 10'. Now I have an Innova frame 12' but can only quilt up to a 119" due to the robotics. I placed a mark at each end of my leaders to show how far on each end I can quilt to so I don't try to go past that. One time I wasn't paying attention and my machine's wheels rolled right off the table. Thank goodness I stopped in time to catch it. I added a longer stopper at that end so it won't happen again. The other end will stop when the robotics hits the stopper. I also added a piece of painter's blue tape at the center so I can find the middle easier. Have the leaders marked too but they tend to move from side to side so can't trust them to be true.
    Old 10-17-2015, 08:51 AM
    Power Poster

Yes you are so right. You can finish it up on your domestic after you take it off the frame. Just make sure you have it pinned properly and have no wrinkles and off you go.
    Old 10-17-2015, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978
    I used to have a Grace Pro frame 10' but it measured 129" so more than the 10'. Now I have an Innova frame 12' but can only quilt up to a 119" due to the robotics. I placed a mark at each end of my leaders to show how far on each end I can quilt to so I don't try to go past that. One time I wasn't paying attention and my machine's wheels rolled right off the table. Thank goodness I stopped in time to catch it. I added a longer stopper at that end so it won't happen again. The other end will stop when the robotics hits the stopper. I also added a piece of painter's blue tape at the center so I can find the middle easier. Have the leaders marked too but they tend to move from side to side so can't trust them to be true.
    i also have an innova. What kind of stopper did you put on your frame?