Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting and embroidery machine? >
  • Quilting and embroidery machine?

• Quilting and embroidery machine?

Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM

I have 3 Brothers, started out with the little PE150 from walmart years ago when they first came out,later wanted bigger design area so purchased a used 1500D, then about 3 years ago got the 2500D with the color screen and thumb drive capability. They all still work great and I use them a lot, not so much the little pe anymore but occasionally. I use lots of embroidery in my quilts, have quilted small quilts with them but it's usually too time consuming. I make all my labels with them too. I wouldn't ever want to be without an embroidery machine now that I've had one (3)for so many years. I am currently embroidering sock monkeys for a quilt for my sister for Christmas......LOVE my embroidery machines!!!!!!
    Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM

You might consider a used machine thru a dealer. I have both a Viking Rose and a Designer I, both purchased used w a 1 yr. warranty aft being checked and serviced by the dealer. I like the Designer so well, I just purchased another used one this wk (same place) for my DIL for only $600 w a 1 yr warranty. The price had really dropped since I got mine 5 yrs ago. It's a surprise and I can't wait to see her face when she sees it!
    Another thought: Don't underestimate yourself. You may like it so much you'll want to start using it for more than labels. That's why I went w the Designer I for a bigger embroidery area.

Last edited by joyce blint; 10-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM

I have a Janome MC 9700 that does both regular sewing and embroidery. To tell you the truth, I think it was a mistake. I have other machines that I rely on for sewing (also Janome.) I keep the 9700 set up for just embroidery. (I could have got one strictly for embroidery for less money.) I'm not sure what you mean by quilting, but there are many designs available for embroidery machines that can be used for quilting (feathers, etc.).
    Old 10-30-2012, 04:20 AM

Gosh ladies, thanks for all of your wisdom. Now I don't know what I will do. I guess I'll start by calling my Viking dealer and go from there.

Thanks for your help!