Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting frame questions >
  • Quilting frame questions

• Quilting frame questions

Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM

Are there any frames, other than the Flynn frame, that can be used for both hand and machine quilting? Does the Flynn frame connect to that rolling stand for hand quilting, or just rest on it? Are there NO BASTE hand quilting frames other than the Flynn, Grace, Hinterberg, and Jasmine brands? Does the Ulmer brand require basting (it looks as if it does)? Is Jasmine still in business? Sometimes clicks on their site lead to dead ends... I'm looking for a NO BASTE hand-quilting frame, but it would be a huge plus if it had some use for machine quilting. Doesn't have to accomodate king-size. Any recommendations? Reliable sources? Good deals? Caveats? Disappointments? I have read threads using the search feature.
    Old 03-18-2011, 03:58 PM

The only part of your question I can answer is about the Flynn quilting frame. It does connect to the oak stand for hand quilting. It is horizontal when quilting but then can be put up vertically so it can be rolled into a corner to save some space.
    Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM

Thx for answering! So the stand holds it without support from the quilter. If so, it might be worth trying. Even if I don't like it for the machine, I could still use it for hand quilting. Anyone have a resource for a good price on it? I'm still interested in info on other no baste frames, please.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 PM

I have the pvc pipe one from Joanns, I don't think you would need to baste it, pin maybe. I am fixing to try it out pretty soon.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 PM

From Flynn Quilt Frame itself the framesystem with 48" rods is $130 plus shipping and the stand is about $100 plus shipping. I haven't found the stand available anywhere else. Be careful too as there is a difference between the frame system and what they call the frame kit. The frame kit does not come with the 48" rods. Nancy's Notions has the frame system for $115 on sale right now (plus shipping of course). Hope this helps.
    Old 03-18-2011, 07:22 PM

[quote=Maia B]...... Is Jasmine still in business? Sometimes clicks on their site lead to dead ends...
    quote]

If you are talking about Jasmine in Cape Town - they sold everything & have retired.
    Old 03-18-2011, 07:24 PM

:(
    Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Jasmine Heirlooms is in Kerrville, TX. I have been to their website recently, so I assume they are in buisness. I just recently found one of their frames for sale on CL. I am so excited to use it (still piecing the top).