Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Frames >
  • Quilting Frames

• Quilting Frames

Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 PM

I have never seen one but I think it would be great to have.

What would be your recommendations?
    Old 01-19-2008, 03:14 PM

I don't have one for machines, but use the pvc-type for handwork.
    Use the search function above and you'll find several threads on both kinds.
    Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM

I like the PVC ones, too.
    Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM

This is the beauty that I have, and love it! Sara

Grace FRame A43
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]656[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-656.jpe  
    Old 01-19-2008, 06:34 PM

sara were did you buy your quilting frame and about how much did it cost you yours is very nice and did it come with the light thank you for any information nellie
    Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 PM

Nellie,
    I have a Grace frame, Z44. I ordered mine through JoAnn's on line. They had the best price I'd found anywhere at the time. Beware of the UPS though. My frame took the scenic route before it was delivered! It was worth the wait though.
    The Grace company replaced a couple of pieces that were damaged very, very quickly. The instructions for assembly were very clear and easy to follow. The Grace company is very consumer friendly!
    Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
    sara were did you buy your quilting frame and about how much did it cost you yours is very nice and did it come with the light thank you for any information nellie
    There is a company that markets Grace Frame on E-Bay. Best prices. It's almost like the Grace Frame internet site, but less shipping. They are made in Northern Utah, and I live 350 miles south of there! No, the light didn't come with it, and I decided I had plenty of light already, so didn't get that. The photo doesn't show how much it tips on an angle. It is a saver for my neck (cervical fusion twice!). It's the best quilting purchase I've ever made. And I agree with Yvonne, I had to replace a plastic tubing thing, and Grace is sure easy to deal with! Sara
    Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
    There is a company that markets Grace Frame on E-Bay. Best prices. It's almost like the Grace Frame internet site, but less shipping. They are made in Northern Utah, and I live 350 miles south of there! No, the light didn't come with it, and I decided I had plenty of light already, so didn't get that. The photo doesn't show how much it tips on an angle. It is a saver for my neck (cervical fusion twice!). It's the best quilting purchase I've ever made. And I agree with Yvonne, I had to replace a plastic tubing thing, and Grace is sure easy to deal with! Sara
    Thanks for the information! My girlfriend has a Gracey and she has offered to let me come over and use it. I have to admit I am excited and a bit nervous. I have watched her pick out the quilting over an entire quilt because the bobbin thread was horribly loose and hung all over the back of her quilt. She never looked under it when quilting and only realized it once she was done. Any suggestions I can give her on how to avoid that problem again? It sounds like a tension problem with her machine to me but you ladies are the experts here. She bought it used and she doesn't have any instructions.

I must confess I do not like the PVC frames, though I have plenty of friends who do. My girlfriend uses hers to drape unfinished quilt tops over. It actually is very handy and I want my hubby to make me something similar.
    ~Tiffany