Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting on an IPad >
  • Quilting on an IPad

• Quilting on an IPad

Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 AM

I have recently learned how to download Free podcasts on the IPad. There are tons of them about quilting, sewing & embroidery & they're free! I have videos on the Bernina 830. the bernina embroidery software, version 6, some Bonnie McCaffrey videos & a couple of others. I did learn that not all podcasts are videos, some are only audio, found out the hard way because I didn't know. Anyway, I thought I'd pass this info along about free quilting, sewing podcasts available via ITunes.

Cathy S/Willowwind
    Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM

I plan to get one too. Didn't think about quilting apps. you can print from it. Ask a teenager. LOL.
    Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 AM

Sometimes, depending on the app, you can email it to yourself, then print it out from the email. The Quilters App- the name of it- doesn't yet print, you have to email it to yourself. check on the app's functions before you get it.

Cathy S/Willowwind
    Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM

I love my IPad 2! I didn't get the first one, but managed to get this little baby.

Glad to see this thread. I had no idea you could print from them. I'll have to figure this out!

I ordered a red leather case on April 4, and it is supposed to get here today. It is literally coming from China (slow boat).
    Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 AM
    Power Poster

I use to think a cell phone and a computer was all I needed. Wrong! Until you use the new Iphone, Ipads, or ITouch you don't know how wonderful it is to have instant anything when you need it. When they say there is an app for that, there is! Ex: My car died in Walmart parking lot. It wouldn't start. I called AAA and it was going to be at least 3 hrs for a truck to come. The Walmart auto guy was so nice, he said the battery was dead. Well in my car the battery is not under the hood. He couldn't find it. It wasn't in the trunk. The manual said it was under the back seat. Well, fine but the guy could not get the back seat up at all, it was locked in place. I quickly used my Google app on my Iphone how to remove the back seat and instantly found a diagram and instruction how to remove it. The walmart guy said I'm sure glad to know this, I don't have the proper tool to remove the seat and I would have damaged the seat. We found on my Iphone how to correctly jump start the car without getting to the battery and I was able to drive it to the dealer. I was home in an hour and I would have still been waiting for AAA and all they would have done was tow it to the dealer that would have been closed by then.