Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity...... >
  • Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity......

• Quilting and Ms. Kitty have seriously saved my sanity......

Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM

Thee Lord has blessed you through all of your trials. I will be praying for you to keep that positive attitude
    Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 AM

I don't usually read long stories but I read yours. I wish you a great future. God has you in the palm of His hand. Like a mother hen keeps her chicks under her wing.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Lovely story. Take care of yourself and Miss Kitty. Best wishes to both of you.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry you are dealing with cancer, a cheating husband and the loss of two beloved dogs, but I also believe that Ms Kitty was put in your path for a reason. She needs you and you need someone to give you unconditional love, as animals do. I have 3 friends who are breast cancer survivors and my niece had a bilateral mastectomy and then had reconstructive surgery. One of my other nieces told me that Bert was excited to be getting her "nipples" and she would be all put together again. Yes, God has a plan and he gives us what we need not always what we want when we want it. I'd lost my "lap cat" Casper after only 6 years to liver failure. Then a couple years later my friend and I were coming back from a quilt class when she decided to take the scenic way home. I saw the sign for the animal shelter, so we changed course and went to the shelter. None of the cats struck my fance, there was a 29 lb. cat, but all he did was sit or lay down - not a good option. Then the girl pointed to a black cat behind the door named Terry, my friend's name. She put her in my arms and Terry immediately cuddled under my chin. I did the test held her upside down and backwards and she didn't object. When I went to put her down, she didn't want to go. Terry said I had to get her and couldn't change her name because it would annoy my DH, who wasn't supportive of a new cat. He even went so far as to tell me to take her back and get two kittens. I refused but told him I would drive him to the shelter to get a kitten. Well TJ is still a love, we've moved to an apt. and have separate bedrooms because I need some privacy and we are together 24/7. She sleeps in my bed, sometimes crawling under the comforter to sleep on me or will sleep above my head. She's part dog as she follows me everywhere, but she is the onetrue constant that I can couint on. Enjoy Ms. Kitty they give u nconditional love when you need it the most.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:20 AM

Some cats are very independent and some are real lovers, sounds like you found the second kind and they make wonderful pets and companions, hope you get to keep her. The good thing about cats vs dogs is that you can leave them overnite if you have to and they take care of themselves.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 AM

What a blessing to you is Ms Kitty and what a blessing to Kitty are you. She asked and you answered. Love her and enjoy her and if an owner comes forward to claim her be thankful. But go to a shelter and save another Ms Kitty. There are millions but to death each year that would love you too. You have written an inspiring and heart warming HONEST story. My love to you for I have a similar tale only my husband died and all the other happened. Quilting is a great hobby.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Blessings and Angels come in all shapes, forms and sizes and some even Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:52 AM

I'm so happy the two of you "found each other". Remember, just in case someone claims her, there are many more loving kitties waiting to be adopted at pet shelters.
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 AM

I''m so sorry that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, but I'm confident that you will make it through treatment. I'm a 3 1/2 year survivor, and quilting is one of the things that helped me forget about cancer - after I was finished with chemo,that is. I was pretty tired until then! I wish I could have a Miss Kitty, but DH is deathly allergic to them. Whenever he makes me really, really angry, I threaten to go to the animal shelter and get a few cats. That straightens things out in a hurry!
    Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM

What a nice story. You must have been meant to rescue the little kitty. I am so glad we were able to get ours back from the shelter. Kitties can give so much love just by sitting on your lap.