Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilting pattern question >
  • quilting pattern question

• quilting pattern question

Old 02-29-2016, 08:53 PM

The pajama quilter
    Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 PM

lLook at all mentioned then select the ones which speak to you. A very good friend loves Leah Day another cant get on with her. I think you need the one or more you are happy with.
    Old 03-01-2016, 04:54 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by solstice3
    yes, it has the stitch regulator. I know once I get the hang of it, I will have a blast. I debated between the Tiara and the Sweet Sixteen ( I think that is the one) And chose the Tiara due to a subsantial price difference for the same features and, in my opinion, quality!
    The Sweet 16 and Babylock are the same machine, both are built by handiquilter so the quality is no different. Same machine, different branding.

As far as resources for FMQ designs the internet is chock full of it. I like Harriett Hargraves Heirloom machine quilting as a good resource to start showing you tricks and tips from making your sandwich to stabilizing the quilt with ditch stitching. The book is full of pictures and the back of the book has numerous continuous line designs to get you started. You can usually pick up one of the older version on Amazon for the price of shipping.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 03-01-2016 at 04:57 AM.
    Old 03-01-2016, 05:06 AM
    Power Poster

I assume that you didn't buy this from a dealer because they usually have classes to teach you about using your new machine. The two things I learn from Harriet Hargrave were these:

1. Find a comfortable speed that allows you to make a consistent stitch length similar to a DSM.

2. Don't focus at the needle but look ahead to where you want to go. I found it easier at first to follow a line or a stencil, then as your skills improve, then try it without a drawn line. Good Luck. It is just as any skill building takes time and practice.