Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting QOV >
  • Quilting QOV

• Quilting QOV

Old 12-24-2022, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by c joyce
    Thank you for doing this for Veterans and a very heartfelt thank you for your prayers for our military. I am a veteran and when I served, veterans were not welcomed home and honored as they are now. I don't want any accolades. My husband, also a veteran, and I will not sign up for the Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. as we both were not "boots on the ground". He was a pilot (no combat flights) and I was a nurse - we were not directly in harms way and feel that there are veterans far more deserving to receive these trips.
    If you have veterans in your family, please take the time to just say "Thank You", it will mean a great deal to them.
    The fact that you served our country makes you eligible for specials. If you have an interest in an Honor Flight, then go. What you did made it possible for combat soldiers to do what they did. You gave up several years of your life for the common good whether you in combat or not.
    Old 12-24-2022, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2
    The fact that you served our country makes you eligible for specials. If you have an interest in an Honor Flight, then go. What you did made it possible for combat soldiers to do what they did. You gave up several years of your life for the common good whether you in combat or not.
    I totally agree!!

I don’t know the technicalities of what makes a veteran eligible for one of these flights, but if you fit their criteria, there’s no need to deny yourself.

Militaries cannot run on combat soldiers alone. If not for the services you and your husband provided, the ‘foot soldiers’ would not have been able to do their jobs. As a civilian, I honour you and them.

With several exceptions, mine is not a military family, so I must look beyond to express my thanks, love and admiration for those that wear a uniform to protect us and our way of life. To everyone on this board who is a veteran, or the spouse/sibling/parent/child of a veteran, thank you. C Joyce, please accept all the honours and accolades that come your way. You deserve them xox.