Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Rulers >
  • Quilting Rulers

• Quilting Rulers

Old 04-21-2018, 05:58 AM

Talk to the Bloc Loc people and ask them the most popular size that follows most patterns on the market of quilt making. I did that and the rep at the quilt show advised me which ones to buy. I have been very happy about my choices and have not needed any more.

Everyday use rulers, I use the Creative Grid because I can see the markings clearly, from the 6" ruler to 28" with a 'lip' on it. I am blind in one eye, and this really helps to be more accurate in cutting. Taking extra care the time to cut it right the first time saves time and money. I have learned so much on QB to be a better quilter and still learning at 76 years old.
    Old 04-21-2018, 10:57 PM

Everyone has their own opinions. Have you tried any of these? Any quilt shops or friends near you with these rulers? I am a Bloc Loc lover, Quilters Select rulers are amazing as are their mats but so are frosted Olfas. Stripology can be OK but a great QS ruler is just as good in my opinion. Go try one and you'll see what works for you.
    Old 04-22-2018, 05:46 AM

I use my Bloc Loc rulers religiously. I have the 4.5 and the 6.5 and use both. I also have the Flying Geese in two size. They make my piecing life much easier. I always square up all my blocks.
    Old 04-22-2018, 08:46 AM

Love my Bloc Locs! I have a couple for HST's, and have tried using the larger one for smaller units. It's doable, but not as efficient. I rarely make HST's that are over 2.5"

My favorite Bloc Locs are for Flying Geese. They also come in several sizes, as well as sets.
    Old 04-22-2018, 08:56 AM
    Power Poster

Once I learned how to use the Block Loc rulers correctly I love them. I was using them the wrong way when I first got them. I almost threw the rulers away until I discovered it was user error. LOL
    Old 04-22-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Once I learned how to use the Block Loc rulers correctly I love them. I was using them the wrong way when I first got them. I almost threw the rulers away until I discovered it was user error. LOL
    Thanks for posting this. It is nice to know that we need to pay attention to directions. LOL