Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Season >
  • Quilting Season

• Quilting Season

Old 08-16-2024, 07:07 AM

up here in northern Minnesota, winter is definitely quilting season especially the older and colder you get. Too cold to go playing outside. I don't think I could get my snowshoes on anymore. Summer is the time to be outside as much as I can and it is usually cool enough with enough breeze to keep the bugs away. I love sitting under my huge maple tree during the summer.
    Old 08-18-2024, 06:37 AM

All four seasons in my heated and A/C sewing room are good for production. My machine faces the window out onto our front garden so I sometimes get distracted with the birds in and out of the dogwood tree, the squirrels gathering walnuts from our English Walnut trees or the animals in winter feasting on the feeders or peanuts in the squirrel feeder. One day we even had the neighbors pot belly pig wander over for a visit. We have had a lot of travel this year and a new baby granddaughter arrive so time was limited or directed to other crafts for the baby. I just finished my Christmas gift for the 12 yr. old grandson (a queen sized Philadelphia Eagles quilt, sham and pillowcases), so now I can concentrate on a new stocking and a few soft books to finish before I settle in and start on a new quilt project for charity.