• Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies >
  • Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

• Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by nursie76
    Quiltincrazy,

Oh my goodness! I am exhausted! :)
    I would love to meet you! You sound like a really fun person! and really organized, something which I am not, but would love to be.

Thanks for sharing.
    phew! I'm glad you said, thanks for sharing, lol.
    I really didn't mean to stir, and get so much attention...hee hee hee!
    My hubby thinks I am fun...I think he' a pain in my....oops!
    We have a mutual nitpicking society.
    It's all to his credit :roll:
    I was extremely shy and demure, when we met...and he chipped and chiseled, until ta da! :mrgreen:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I hope Mousie never comes by this way. She is my husband's perfect woman!! That man catalogs EVERYTHING!!!! His white socks are numbered so you always wear the same ones together! Oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Now poor Mousie will have another item to catalog.
    dang, Lisa, I laughed out loud when I read this! :lol:
    I am a sorter, counter, organizer, but it comes from a very chaotic, crazy, disorganized childhood...hmmm, where I was always cleaning, rearranging, and reorganizing :shock:
    BUT...i have never numbered the socks...bc I had never heard of that :wink:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
    Oh Mousie (((HUGS))) I can appreciate your need for tidiness and order...but I would be afraid to sew, cut or play with fabric for fear of making a mess... I am not a total slob, but I do occasionally do the Eleanor Burns throw it over my shoulder thing....just because I can :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
    I do admittedly have to hunt for some things in a pile here or there...but I usually know just which one it is in...
    I do wish at times that I knew where my fabric came from...how much it cost...why I bought it???? So I see value in your cataloging 8) 8) 8)
    I love how we all have our differences and sameness's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So the Mad woman in the attic and the crazy lady in the dungeon...pleased to meet you!!! I am the eccentric ol' lady upstairs 8) 8) 8)

When the gas tank gets low...I start talking low and sweet to my darlin'...come on baby....you can make it...I know you can...all the while patting her on the dashboard :roll: AND do I care about the stares I get at the stop lights???? :roll: :lol: :lol:
    Oh, but don't misunderstand, I can make a mess...after all, how would I ever have any fun cleaning and organizing if there was no mess to clean? You should see my home-cave right now.
    um, maybe you shouldn't :oops:
    but, it will be a thorn in my side until I get it all PRETTY AND STRAIGHT again!
    It does eat up a lot of my creative time, but...I oops, almost said, the 'have to' phrase...no i don't,...no I don't...I can stop anytime I want to...I just want to. yup, uh-huh, uh-huh :mrgreen:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Thank you all for the biggest laugh of my day! I just read through the whole thread and have done all of these things and more --

the bobbins . . . the gas tank . . . tried all different ways to handle those

of course it's CDO instead of OCD (alphabetical is perfectly logical)

I ALWAYS exhale when getting on the scale. Sure it helps. Doesn't it?? Doesn't it?????

And mousie, I think we may be twins separated at birth.
    But the hubby numbering the socks thing really takes the cake! Why didn't I think of that sooner!?!

Whew, perhaps I lost a few ounces in belly laughter. Better go check the scale . . . EXHALE!
    hmm, sewcornie, maybe I should pull out my pen and pad, and we should compare notes...after all, I am the queen of post it's :wink:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:52 PM
    Power Poster

Anything to help take off an ounce or two here and there!!! :wink: 8)

I wish laughing at myself would take more than an ounce or two off!!! As often as I do it...I should be up to a pound or two atleast!!! :roll: :mrgreen:
    I wonder if I should keep a list of my blunders??? I could keep ya'll in stitches for quite a while and the ounces rolling off :wink: :lol: :lol: Kinda like that commercial where the hip, stomach fat falls off on the floor in the produce section of the store? :D :D :D
    I have not seen that commercial, Amma, :lol:
    What is the product they are advertising?
    and why does it fall off in the produce? oh, let me guess...it's one of those ads for healthy eating, and fruit and fresh veggies will help you lose weight?
    well, that would explain why my blubber is not falling off and rolling across the produce floor...I can't eat fresh fruits and veggies.
    But, it's all good...you know I couldn't leave it there, if it did.
    Too sentimental, lol...would have to gather all the blubber and take it home and put little stickers on it, with the weight, the day, the time etc. all about when it fell off and why! :lol:
    Some ppl write biographies that others want to read.
    My kids are gonna run, when it is time to go thru my stuff! :mrgreen:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    So the Mad woman in the attic and the crazy lady in the dungeon...pleased to meet you!!! I am the eccentric ol' lady upstairs 8) 8) 8)
    I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
    LOL...and I will be the white haired one, will stand out amongst all the gray...and will be picking all the threads of you guys, and writing notes and putting on your butts...cataloging things you do, things you say....like a human (quilt) label :lol:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM

Pzazz,
    Men don't admit to having idiosyncrasies!

I think the visiting hours are too long and will take up quilting time!
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by grammo013
    I have a very mean machine. Dummy (as I call her) stops cold when the bobbin is down to about the last three inches of thread and some times that is all the is needed to finish. :cry: And when this gal says bobbin needs to be refilled there is no pushing a button to finish that last little bit. lol that is how she got her name.Seems to me there should at least be a warning beep or something.

Love all these stories. Can remember being in same situation.
    LOL, grammo, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    I got another weird thing - I'm usually hopping around in one slipper - I take the right one off to use the pedal! :mrgreen:
    oh, another quirk confession :oops:
    I take off one slipper to press pedal too...but I have to put it back on to get up...even if the phone rings or nature calls.
    I didn't say have to, did I? now who put that there?
    Mousie doesn't 'have to'...uh uh. She has control.
    Yup, she's got it all under control :mrgreen:
    Old 11-14-2009, 07:59 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
    Originally Posted by k3n
    I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
    I wanna come so we can share stories and FABRIC :lol: I'm the little ole lady in the garage.(A very nice remodeled garage) One time we thought about putting our house on the market and DH said we'd have to tear out the sewing studio and make it a garage again. You'd have thought he said he was going to shoot one of our kids.
    I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN, O'sgrammy!
    How could he even utter those words???? :lol: :lol: :lol: