Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies >
  • Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

• Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Me too!!!! Except, I hate to sit and unwind and unwind and.... so I have a bunch of bobbins with not enough thread to sit down and sew without having to change the darn thing. I keep waiting for the quilting elves to come and take care of this problem, but they never do.
    I seem to things opposite of what most others do. I wonder if it has anything to do with being left handed?? :? :? :? [/quote]

I dunno, I have a lot too...Use them to do a bit of hand work...they are smaller than spools, carry easily. Just have to remember to return empty bobbins to machine later on!
    Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM

My mom used to wind a new colour on top of one she was finished with. Used to drive me nuts when I would think I had lots of a colour I needed, only to run out WAAAY before I should!!!!

Patti
    Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pzazz
    My mom used to wind a new colour on top of one she was finished with. Used to drive me nuts when I would think I had lots of a colour I needed, only to run out WAAAY before I should!!!!

Patti
    No way!!! would drive me to drink! lol!
    I must color coordinate. Most of my closet is separated by colors. I think it makes it look pretty! Besides, I either have a lot of clothes, or not enough closet...OR BOTH!!!:mrgreen:
    Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM

I must color coordinate. Most of my closet is separated by colors. I think it makes it look pretty! Besides, I either have a lot of clothes, or not enough closet...OR BOTH!!!:mrgreen:[/quote]
    Have you been in my closet. I have my clothes hanging by color too. Noticed that my DD does the same thing.
    Old 01-06-2010, 03:05 PM

I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is related to the scientifically proven fact that when you're running out of gas it helps if you go faster (or slower). We've just evolved to the point that we can apply knowledge from one endeavor to another!
    Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM

DIto, Dito, Dito. My bobbin always runs out just when I think I have finished machine quilting a Linus Quilt. I get to the end of the row and discover I haven't been sewing for the last 10 minutes. DUH!!
    My embroidery machine has an alarm but it always rings far to soon. When I ignore it then it really does run out.
    Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
    I also get very messy when I sew, among other things (should see my desk), and I love to clean up the mess and be all tidy for a day or two, sometimes I make people look at my clean room.............
    (I hope I did the quote thingie right) I sometimes make people come and look at my clean space after I've cleaned up too! :) I am not the most organized person in the land, I'll freely admit.
    I can relate to a lot of everyone's OCD's LOL
    Old 01-08-2010, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
    I must color coordinate. Most of my closet is separated by colors. I think it makes it look pretty! Besides, I either have a lot of clothes, or not enough closet...OR BOTH!!!:mrgreen:
    Have you been in my closet. I have my clothes hanging by color too. Noticed that my DD does the same thing.[/quote]

why yes...:oops:...I have been in your closet. How do you think I got so many pretty colors in mine? :mrgreen:
    Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Harmony
    I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is related to the scientifically proven fact that when you're running out of gas it helps if you go faster (or slower). We've just evolved to the point that we can apply knowledge from one endeavor to another!
    your so right, Harmony.
    I often say to hubby when he questions what I am doing..(when I am applying one of my 'scientific techniques')...
    "What?:roll:
    I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.
    I have a method to my madness:wink:
    Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by amma
    Sooo I am sewing along on my Downy Quilts for Kids quilt...I know the bobbin thread is getting very low....I keep peeking and know it is going to be close...is there enough to finish sewing this border??? So I go pedal to the medal the last few inches :roll: :roll: :roll: like going faster is really going to make the bobbin thread stretch further??? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
    I have also caught myself going slower, like that is going to make it go further, too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do any of you do the same??? of do you have other Idiosyncrasies????

By the way...I did have enough to finish that seam :wink: :D :D :D Must have held my mouth just right!!! :wink: :wink:
    I do that at times.