Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Software for Mac >
  • Quilting Software for Mac

• Quilting Software for Mac

Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 AM

I have a Mac iBook G4 laptop & love it! Hubby got me Quilt Pro 5 quite some time ago, but haven't really played with it much yet. I like what I am hearing about this program though, so need to spend some time getting to know it soon! We are a Mac house too. Hubby does alot of art work, use to hand draw a lot, but over the years, he can do it all on a Mac now. Pretty amazing! He thought we needed the windows computer at one time, so we got one & we both hated it, so no more windows ones, we stick with Mac. He got an 11in. Airbook recently too, & loves it! Also has a bigger Mac laptop down in studio, but the little one is nice & portable, so that works for him. It's nice hearing all this talk about this subject, hope we hear more, always nice to learn more! Oh, & Macs are great for not getting all these viruses either. Hubby says most are created on the windows computers, so Macs aren't near as susceptible to them, another plus to have a Mac! I just know I love mine & will always be a Mac user....
    Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 AM

My SIL installed Windows on mine. Works fine, but I've almost never used the Windows,.It's there if needed.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I checked the laptop DH gave me, it's a 13-inch 256GB, Mac Air book. He uses a HP laptop so ? anyway, it's the prettiest laptop I've seen but the thing won't run my EQ software and I have about all of the programs. I guess if I had to use the computer to tote around for work I'd use the Mac. I use my IPad for portable computer use. It does all I need, internet and email.
    Old 03-06-2011, 11:44 AM
    rb.

Ooooo...I love this thread. I had a partitioned Mac ten years ago, using Virtual PC, but hated using Windows...it's so unstable. I'd recently priced EQ, Bootcamp/parallels, and Windows, but it was pricey. I'm of to hunt down Quilt Pro. Thank you!
    Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by feffertim
    I have recently purchased the Quilt-pro 5 for Mac's. It is a lot less than EQ, less than $100.00 and is really quite spectacular. I am still learning to use it, but the basics are, you can pick a block (from their large library) or design your own. You can select fabrics from their fabric library or scan your own fabric to create the block. You can then put the block into a quilt, create how many blocks you want in your quilt, add borders (up to 10)with miters or cornerstones, add sashing, rotate the blocks or place them on point. You can size the blocks and the quilt and then print yardage, cutting instructions, and even convert the block to numbered paper piecing instructions. You can save your blocks and quilts in your library. There is a lot more, but I'm still learning the software. I'm really glad I purchased it. Hope this helps
    You can do the same things with EQ7.
    Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
    I'm a Mac owner but my genealogy program is Windows. My son installed VMware Fusion and set up a partition so I can run my program, rest of the time it's my Mac software.
    Family Tree Maker just came out with a Mac version and you can translate your Windows files over to your Mac. I have it, use it and love it.
    Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Well, genie software seems off topic, but from what I've read (and I'm following this topic very closely), I would wait a good six months until all of the family treemaker for mac bugs are worked out. I.e., don't buy it yet.
    Old 03-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I have Quilt Pro 5 for mac but no longer have a mac. I use EQ on my pc. I'm willing to sell it for $50 + s&h.
    Terry in NY
    Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 PM

I'd be interested to hear from folks who've used both the Mac Quilt Pro and latest EQ for Windows. It seems the Quilt Pro doesn't have nearly the same features and usefulness of EQ.
    Old 03-06-2011, 03:10 PM

I second this reply! I am a Mac user also. I loooooove my Mac almost as much as I loooooove my Pfaff.
    Old 03-06-2011, 05:16 PM

I love not having spam and virus. Glad to hear about the software for it though.. It probably will stretch me. I don't want Windows on my Mac.