Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilting >
  • quilting

• quilting

Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 AM

Always like this with me ,and what makes me moving here and there away from quilting is the other chores :thumbdown: which i had to do but not love to :oops:
    Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 AM

I get that way sometimes.
    Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Astramorgaine
    I feel like that right now! I just want to left alone with my iron, sewing machine and inspiration. BUT reality sets in again, and I have to fold clothes(but the fabric is so much easier to fold and iron for some reason), cook food(even though everyone in my house has opposable thumbs and can work the dang stove) and clean up(you would think washing up is so simple a caveman could do it, but NOOOOOO) before I can rearrange those patches of fabric into my own creation. *sigh*
    I too live in a house just like this! I get 100 interruptions for oh a sandwich.. hello, the bread is where it was last time.. and laundry? it would grow mold before anyone else touched it. My sweetpea little 18 yr old soldier girl will see I am entranced in my quilting and say.. momma.. can you make me some tea? hello kitchen ten feet to your left Private! nope mom drops what she is doing.. fifty times. I do get anxious and usually when that happens I have to rip fifty more seams. Its like HEY I am almost done! Six more seams! then .. I start messing up. In the effort to speed it up, I slow it down. Any secrets to stop that please let me know.
    Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 AM

When I am sewing our boys, thankfully, do for themselves as much as they can (they are almost 16 and 13). My husband will do things for himself. I do stop and make supper each night. My wanting to get it done usually happens more towards the end of the project - I actually have to time myself so I do not obsess with getting something done because I WILL get it done even if it means putting other things off - things that should not be...
    Old 01-08-2010, 06:19 AM

I always would "rather be quilting"!!! :D :D Housework and laundry and dishes, etc. will always be there to do if you get tired of sewing.... :D :D
    Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 AM
    Power Poster

And I find no matter how motivated and excited I am about a project, rarely can I just sit and do it! Have to check email, walk around the house, check email, make tea, etc. and then get back to it. That's why when they say "quilt in a day" I know it won't be that way for me because of my own interruptions!! Maybe there's a pill for it??
    Old 01-09-2010, 07:22 AM

My head is just so full of plans it makes it hard to get everything else done. Tried to convince DH it's the same as me working so he'd take over the housework and meals - but he's NOT buying it.
    Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 AM

Wow, I thought I was obsessive. I guess there really isn't anything wrong with me after all. LOL
    Old 01-09-2010, 07:57 AM

I am so lucky. I recently retired and spend most of my day quilting. My children and husband are very understanding. I usually get supper going. But if I take something out and leave it out to thaw, my husband will get home from work and just say, "I guess I am cooking tonight!" But he is OK with that as long as someone else has decided what to cook. When I retired, my husband said "Does this mean our house will be cleaner?" I told him that I promise to quilt more and to cook more, but I made no promises to clean more. He just told me that he could live with that. I think I will keep him!
    Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 AM

There are the occasional weekends where DH has to work. That is nice, because I get more done around the house and more time for quilting.