Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilting withdrawal >
  • quilting withdrawal

• quilting withdrawal

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM

All the best for you husband and a speedy recovery! I keep both of you in my thoughts.
    Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Prayers for a speedy recovery and safe travels back home..

I say hit Joannes.. Why not? at least you can pet the fabrics..
    Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
    Gal

So sorry to hear about your husband, wishing him a speedy recovery, just wanted to say I am sitting around in hospital rooms all day tomorrow with my elderly Mum, guess what I am taking with me, no not quilting, but a copy of 'The Christmas Quilt' Elm Creek Quilts Novel by J. Chiaverini. The time will fly I am sure!

Gal
    Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Here's hoping your hubby recovers quickly.
    You might take a look at JoAnn's for a hand quilting project to 'bide your time'. I started English paper piecing hexagons for a Grandma's Flower garden just for times when I'm away from the machine. I figure it may take 10 years to get enough done for a quilt top, but its a mindless process & keeps my hands busy when we're away from home.
    Prayers for his improving health,
    Jan
    Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 AM

Oh, my! Are you moving into a "transplant" housing unit when he's released? Perhaps a friend could bring you a machine and a WIP? My friend's husband had a heart transplant in July, so I know how much time you spend there! She had plenty of things to keep her occupied, ready ahead of time.
    Hope your husband has an easy recovery. My friend's husband is doing well physically but is going through a depression now. He was so upbeat when released from the hospital, but has really settled into a funk right now. Friend is frustrated. Dr.s say it is combination of drugs causing it. Prayers go out to you both!
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 AM

did you bring any hand work with you?
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:23 AM

Hey just an idea is there a quilt shop nearby?(one that also sells sewing machines) Sometimes they let you come in and use their sewing machines... while taking a class or for a free time of sewing your own stuff esp if you explain why you needing a sewing machine break...I was without a sewing machine after a fire and I know how you feel...I went to a quilt show and signed up to use a sewing machine because I missed it so much... it is a part of my life and is like therapy for me.
    Hugs to you and your hubby...
    Quiltinmama
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 AM

I looked to see where you lived and thought if you were close I would bring you something to do but your "in hiding". :( Speedy recovery to your husband.
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 AM

God Bless You both and I pray he holds you in the palm of his hand and blesses you with a speedy recovery for your DH.
    While you cannot get to your quilting but can get to this board, why not go to some of the tutorials and read through them for a brush up while you have some time that you can't use for actual needlework. That's what I would do.

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    I am currently sitting in a hotel room while the DH recuperates from transplant surgery. He is doing great, but darn it, I miss my sewing and quilting. It is getting real bad...I want to make a run to the nearest JoAnn's...lol. After being here for 3 weeks I am going crazy. We are almost 3 hrs. from home, so running home for a quick session at the sewing machine isn't an option. So I just come on this board and see all the wonderful quilts and get new ideas. You fellow quilters have been a lifesaver to me!
    Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    I am currently sitting in a hotel room while the DH recuperates from transplant surgery. He is doing great, but darn it, I miss my sewing and quilting. It is getting real bad...I want to make a run to the nearest JoAnn's...lol. After being here for 3 weeks I am going crazy. We are almost 3 hrs. from home, so running home for a quick session at the sewing machine isn't an option. So I just come on this board and see all the wonderful quilts and get new ideas. You fellow quilters have been a lifesaver to me!
    I'm glad your DH is doing well. Now might be the time to grab some paper and pencil and doodle a new quilt design. I know, you may not be a designer, but I believe that we all have that 'designer' in our soul. Or....buy a quilting magazine to get some ideas. :-P