Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilts for kids >
  • quilts for kids

• quilts for kids

Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM

We have quilters across the nation that I encourage to start a similar quilt program for a hospital or Ronald McDonald House near them. Our simple pattern that we use to teach the moms is 64 5 1/2 squares - 8 down, 8 across of bright, cheerful cottons. Very cherished by the children and something that is theirs to take home with them!!! Mail yours to RMH, 350 Erkenbrecher Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, Attn Lisa Davis if you choose to make one. Thanks for caring!!!
    Old 11-29-2009, 10:08 PM

I RECEIVED FOUR QUILT KITS FROM QUILT FOR KIDS ON WEDNESDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING...I HAVE 2 ALMOST DONE WITH THE HELP FROM MY SIS INLAW. I WENT TO QUILTFORKIDS.COM/DOWNY AND TOLD THEM HOW MANY I WANTED SENT AND I RECEIVED THEM IN A WEEK. THIS IS MY FIRST QUILTING PROJECT, I TOO AM JUST GETTING INTO THIS AND I LOVE IT. MY SIS IN LAW KNEW HOW TO DO SOME BECAUSE SHE HAD ALREADY MADE ONE, SO SHE WAS A BIG HELP. WHEN I FINSIH THESE I AM GOING TO SEND FOR MORE. IT GIVES YOU A GREAT FEELINMG KNOWING YOU ARE MAKING SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO BE PUT TO GOOD USE AND ITS FOR CHILDREN.
    :)
    Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Please don't forget your local groups that make and provide quilts for kids such as Project Linus. There are 378 local chapters so chances are good that there is one near you. We provide new handmade quilts for kids of all ages who are ill or in crisis - including facilities like Ronald McDonald house, hospitals, homeless shelters , care facilities for troubled kids just to name a few locations. Without our volunteers, we could not provide as much love and comfort as we do with over 3011944 blankets given away so far. Go to www.projectlinus.org to find a local chapter.
    As a bonus, most chapters hold "Blanket Days" so you can get together with other sewers and quilters for a few hours or a day of fun and fellowship.
    Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for shipping the quilts back..
    What shipping method do you use and also what does it cost???
    Old 03-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Join other quilt divas in making and mailing a small quilt for a child staying with their family at Ronald McDonald House Cincinnati. Each child receives one as part of their welcome bag upon arrival at their temporary home while receiving medical treatments at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Make your own small 40X40 quilt from your cotton stash of colorful fabrics and mail to Ronald McDonald House Cincinnati, 350 Erkenbrecher, Cincinnati, OH 45229 to my attention. Thanks Nora Kelly, Volunteer Quilt Founder
    Old 03-27-2010, 04:01 AM

Thank you - I just signed up too! I had no idea about this site.
    Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 AM

I am working on my first 2 Downy Quilt for Kids (one from kit, one from stash). Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.