Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilts that take a lot of time >
  • Quilts that take a lot of time

• Quilts that take a lot of time

Old 04-22-2024, 03:55 PM

Conceptually, I love the idea of one project at a time, and would love to be a one project at a time quilter. But practically, I do much better working on several projects at once. For some reason, I stay motivated with several projects, but lose my motivation if it's just one.
    Old 04-23-2024, 03:15 AM

I yearn to be the highly focused quilter that takes on one project start to finish. Truth is I frequently get attackd by squirrels and start a new quilt, just because I like the pattern and want to give it a try. "Is it as easy as they say?" "Can I conquer that new technique?" "Wouldn't that be a good way to use _____ fabric in my stash!" Then there is the I am simply bored with what I am doing and I want to try something else. I doubt I will ever be the one quilt at a time person, but I do joyously finish many quilts and enjoy the adventure of exploring new to me patterns and working on perfecting my skills. This is my love of quilting.....the adventure of creating with color and fabric.

Yes, I have done several large complicated quilts that demanded focus but one is still in progress and it has been 5 years, I think. Two others took less than a year and for me that was a speedy finish. So many quilts and only 24 hours in a day.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-23-2024 at 03:18 AM.