Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quitling Magazines >
  • Quitling Magazines

• Quitling Magazines

Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM

I also use post it notes because once I tear them out and try to file them I forget to look at my files! I also keep my magazines by seasons so if I need something that is fall/autumn I know to start checking in my Aug. magazines. Most of the time, once I have had them 10 years, out they go.
    Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 PM

I never knew you could scan with an ipad. I still have lots to learn. Can you tell me which app you use?

Thanks
    Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
    I tear out what I like. I buy the see through notebook inserts, slip them in the plastic insert, and put them in large spiral ring notebooks. You could have a notebook for runners, one for quilts, wall hangings etc. I've found the large business notebooks at sales for 50 cents each.
    This is what I doas well. It sure makesit easier to find a pattern and really saves on space.
    Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM

I keep my magazines stored by magazine, year and month. I like to pull them out and read through them to get inspiration and ideas. I've given away the magazines that no longer interest me - I now only subscribe to 3. Probably too many but I know when I start to get antsy that it is time for the magazines to come in the mail with the eye candy.
    Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 AM

I have so many magazines. I organized them and put them into bins like Rubbermaid, that were just about the exact size of a magazine. Then I had a bunch of bins. I took the magazines and ripped out all the ads and all the stories I did not want to keep. I was able to get about twice the amount in each bin. I still have a bunch of bins. I am going through each one while I watch TV at night, pull out any pattern or info I can use and get rid of the magazine. My neighbor has recently begun quilting and I will pass them on to her to look at, rip and recycle. Probably should have done this from the get-go!
    Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM

Now that I have discovered Pinterest, I'm not as avid about saving Quiting magazines. Pinterest doesn take uppace in my sewing room! I do have a couple of binders filled with pictures of quilts & patterns I've torn from mags over the years - AND I've even made a few of them. Or usd them as a jumping off point for a quilt of my own design. I rarely follow a pattern exactly.