Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rag Quilting error >
  • Rag Quilting error

• Rag Quilting error

Old 05-18-2020, 03:51 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks for getting the picture posted... It's a lovely quilt and I would never spot an error in it.
    Old 05-18-2020, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Wagsrn
    The first photo is the one of my errors. I am not only sewed the last row of the quilt on backwards, I sewed the last bottom right square upside down. It only took me a little over two hours to fix. LOL I am using Minky and it is always a bear to sew with. My machine does Not want to sew over all those layers when I add the rows together. It sometimes takes me 3 to 4 attempts for each joint.

The second photo is the quilt after I fixed my errors. I am so glad I took the time to go back and do it correctly. I didn’t find my errors until I was putting it in the gift bag. His birthday is tomorrow and I was feeling the time crunch. I want my grandson to keep this quilt as a keepsake. Thanks all for your support. I knew what I needed to do.
    This is how I am. I just can't help it. The ladies at my weekly sewing group tease me about it. It's not because my work is perfect or needs to be perfect but certain things I can't live with. I don't want to think about mistakes each time I think about a project. Your quilt came out adorable!
    Old 05-18-2020, 04:45 AM

I'm so glad you got it fixed to your satisfaction.

Few things so grumble causing as reverse sewing...

My friend Barb and I joke about our own quilting concerns that "it isn't easy being us". A lot of us quilters are like that, it brings out the OCD and the meticulous and all sorts of things that are really good -- except that they can suck the fun out of things. There are things I can live with and things I can't, all I can say is that I've never had to put a mistake into a quilt on purpose. Plenty of mistakes all the time!
    Old 05-18-2020, 04:54 AM

My rule of thumb is "If you ask if this can be fixed then ... Fix it" It will make you happier to fix it and if you don't then it will always bother you.

Your quilt is really cute and was worth the effort to get those blocks turned the right way.
    Old 05-18-2020, 05:31 AM

Really cute quilt! Glad you were able to fix the block. I would have fixed that one too.
    Old 05-18-2020, 05:49 AM

It took me a bit of extra looking to find the error. but I'm glad you are now happy with it!
    Old 05-18-2020, 05:58 AM

well done and only two hours. I find that is usually the case when I'm putting something off, I've spent a lot more time thinking about doing it or not than actually doing it takes

welcome to the board, and thanks for sharing
    Old 05-18-2020, 06:14 AM

I really had to look closely to see your "mistake". This is a lovely and fun quilt that I am sure your grandson will love! I can tell you are happy with the choice you made to fix the 'error'. I may not have done it and chalked it up to experience learned. Great catch and great decision.
    Old 05-18-2020, 06:47 AM

I bet your grandson would have never noticed but I am sure you feel better. Adorable quilt and your grandson will love it I am sure.
    Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM
    Power Poster

I certainly wouldn't fret over that (especially on a child's quilt) but I see you have already fixed it beautifully.