Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Razor >
  • Razor

• Razor

Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 PM

I don't know what brand mine is, but it is the 65 mm size and no one sells re sharpend blades for it. I have had it forever and usually stock up on blades a couple of times a year at Walmart. They cost about 5 bucks a piece. But it has held up well, so I guess thats the main thing.
    Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
    Administrator

this is a hoot! who but a bunch of quilters could get so "het up" over something as mundane as rotary cutters.

the WalMart Wars are winding down. we haven't fussed about fabric sources in ages. we ran the Quilt Police out of town. things are slowing down around here.

who wants to start a ruler fight? round-headed pins vs. flat?

:mrgreen:

Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Ah ha well when it comes to pins I like them long and thin, as for cutters it has to be what we like, what works best for each of usl We have all had unique experiences with different products, and telling each other about it has been enjoyable and informitive. so long as no one says a four letter word s---, you know SNOW......this is NY and its snowing , might get 20 inches. yuck
    Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 PM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    Ah ha well when it comes to pins I like them long and thin, as for cutters it has to be what we like, what works best for each of usl We have all had unique experiences with different products, and telling each other about it has been enjoyable and informitive. so long as no one says a four letter word s---, you know SNOW......this is NY and its snowing , might get 20 inches. yuck
    four letter words are why G-d invented the BackSpace key and puts the "send" button down in the corner of the display. to give us time to think before we click. LOL
    Old 03-17-2007, 02:49 AM

speaking of pins........... i do like them long but what is the purpose of the flat flower ones? you still have to remove them before you get there don't you?
    Old 03-17-2007, 03:39 AM

The flower helps to keep them from sinking into the fabric and batting. My first two quilts had this problem and it was kind of funny.' hense the pin tops.
    Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Vicki Reno. here is the site for new & resharpened blades. This is the best price I have ever found, and buy 10 at a time. The 65 mm is also available.

http://www.houseofhanson.com/lpsharp.html
    Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 PM

So far my cutter is working good, I cut out a quilt , about 3 hours of cutting and squared some blocks of another. It did drag a little as it got dull,reversed it ane cut more. Today I put in a new blade. the blades are 5 cents , so far so good. It is probably easier for me to switch because I have only used a rotary cutter about 6 months. When I first started I used paper patterns and sissors. :roll:
    Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM

speaking of pins........... i do like them long but what is the purpose of the flat flower ones? you still have to remove them before you get there don't you?

I use the flat flower head pins more than any other kind - - - they work especially well if you need to use your ruler & rotary cutter with pins in the fabric (like for 'Stack & Whack' where you need all your layers to stay in the same exact place to cut). Plus, I admit it, I sew over my pins, and I have one flower head with needle holes in it! :wink: lol

sue
    Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 AM

Love the flower head pins to ,Just finished a Stack n Whack quilt,and as you say they are great for that .I do not sew over them though ,would'nt want to harm my sewing machine Wilma Osmond