Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Recession + gasoline = less fabric! >
  • Recession + gasoline = less fabric!

• Recession + gasoline = less fabric!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:34 AM

Polly how does on put their picture here, was here but gone, so trying to put it back.
    Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by rona thickpenny
    try looking up UK prices for fabric and gas and you will think you are in heavan. I am soo envious when I read about your yard sales, thrift shops etc. moan moan moan, sorry.
    It is the same thing as a "jumble sale" and good ones where the buyer finds an old quilt or fabric are not really very common. I am not sure, but are there a lot of quilters in the UK?
    That is why a lucky somebody who finds one here is so full of glee! I have once found some old quilts at church sales, but not in recent years.
    JP
    Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by pjemark
    try looking up UK prices for fabric and gas and you will think you are in heavan. I am soo envious when I read about your yard sales, thrift shops etc. moan moan moan, sorry.
    You don't have yard sales and thrift shops in the U K? Just curious. My son just got back from being in egypt for a year and I love hearing the oddities and differences in other countries. Such as - they only had goats milk over there. He chugs down glasses and glasses of milk-says it's one of the things he missed the most!
    Look for a goat farmer nearby...go and visit...they sometimes have fresh milk available.
    Some/ most large chain grocery stores have soft creamy goats cheese in little plastic wrapped longish packages available.... Perhaps as a treat for him. He is right, it is delicious! jp

Originally Posted by pjemark
    You don't have yard sales and thrift shops in the U K? Just curious. My son just got back from being in egypt for a year and I love hearing the oddities and differences in other countries. Such as - they only had goats milk over there. He chugs down glasses and glasses of milk-says it's one of the things he missed the most!
    Look for a goat farmer nearby...go and visit...they sometimes have fresh milk available.
    Some/ most large chain grocery stores have soft creamy goats cheese in little plastic wrapped longish packages available.... Perhaps as a treat for him. He is right, it is delicious! jp

Originally Posted by Summer Spice
    We'er all in the same boat(the sinking one). I've quit going with our group to quilt shops because I can't stand to just look and I have more than enough. Someone said well you can go and look- No I can't!
    I am right with you. I don't want to merely look; I want to buy. Ex-DH wanted to go window shopping once. I asked him "why". He said he was bored, but I really knew he wanted me to give him the "okay" so he could buy another useless tool that would sit around and never get used. I guess I'm just no fun. :lol: