Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Recommendations for a Long-Armer in PDX, OR area? >
  • Recommendations for a Long-Armer in PDX, OR area?

• Recommendations for a Long-Armer in PDX, OR area?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 PM

I have two approx. twin size quilt tops that I need to have machine quilted. I've never used a LAer before and could use some recommendations for one, preferably on the westside of Portland. Am I too late to ask that these be done before Christmas? I don't know if that's a realistic expectation for me to have, but is something I'm hoping for.
    Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
    Power Poster

There are two listed here in Oregon: Lebonan and Springfield. It depends on the longarmers as to their individual turnaround times.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62268-1.htm
    Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    There are two listed here in Oregon: Lebonan and Springfield. It depends on the longarmers as to their individual turnaround times.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62268-1.htm

Thank you for that link. Lebanon and Springfield are each a couple hours drive from me. I'd like to find someone closer to home. I do appreciate your help!
    Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I have two approx. twin size quilt tops that I need to have machine quilted. I've never used a LAer before and could use some recommendations for one, preferably on the westside of Portland. Am I too late to ask that these be done before Christmas? I don't know if that's a realistic expectation for me to have, but is something I'm hoping for.
    Hi, I am a longarmer but I live in Washington, however my daughter lives in Lake Oswego and I go there fairly often. I still have a few slots available for quilt tops that will be done before December 15th. Plus I am offering free batting for these tops if you are interested. PM me if you would like for me to give you price quotes from the measurements of your tops.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 AM

Have you checked out The Quilted Hill in Yamhill? Bobbie has the machine in her shop where you can watch her quilt. It's such a cute shop and the view !!! -worth the drive just for that!

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res6z38p/index.html

Sharon's Attic in Hillsboro has a class you can take and then you rent the longarm machine to quilt it yourself. Steve is good about helping. That might be an option for you too.

http://www.sharonsatticquiltshop.com/longarm.html
    Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Have you checked out The Quilted Hill in Yamhill? Bobbie has the machine in her shop where you can watch her quilt. It's such a cute shop and the view !!! -worth the drive just for that!

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res6z38p/index.html

Sharon's Attic in Hillsboro has a class you can take and then you rent the longarm machine to quilt it yourself. Steve is good about helping. That might be an option for you too.

http://www.sharonsatticquiltshop.com/longarm.html
    No I still haven't been to Quilted Hill. Isn't that awful?!? I'll get there one of these days. And I've heard about the class and rental opportunity at Sharon's Attic but don't think I can squeeze that in for these projects. I'm certainly interested in looking at it more closely next year. Thanks for reminding me!

:D :D
    Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Hi, I am a longarmer but I live in Washington, however my daughter lives in Lake Oswego and I go there fairly often. I still have a few slots available for quilt tops that will be done before December 15th. Plus I am offering free batting for these tops if you are interested. PM me if you would like for me to give you price quotes from the measurements of your tops.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    PMing you.