Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • recycled material. >
  • recycled material.

• recycled material.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by alikat110
    I am doing a little destashing and not wanting to bother with sale. I could "pay it forward" if you are interested. I will cover shipping, too. If interested, pm me your address!!!
    This is so nice of you.
    Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Weenween
    I am 50 yrs old and I have and will continue to use what material I can find new or used like skirts shirts or aprons or what ever.My mother and grandmother did and I always will as long as I am able to.Don't waste nothing these days or you will probably regret it.
    I have already claimed some of my husband's shirts when he no longer wants them, they are lovely fabric and nice looking.

I love finding material and notions at yard sales and thrift stores. We have a few in town that I have a lot of luck with. One sells the fabric $1.00 a meter!

My daughters go to look at thrift stores to find dresses to wear, and I look at the dresses to rip apart for fabric

One trip to the thrift stores I found so many items that I said , that's it no more spending for me I reached my limit ($20.00)
    THEN we go to a yard sale of a sewer and she was selling so many nice pieces of fabric . I only spent $5 but I wanted it all!!!!
    Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by stablemom
    I have already claimed some of my husband's shirts when he no longer wants them, they are lovely fabric and nice looking.

I love finding material and notions at yard sales and thrift stores. We have a few in town that I have a lot of luck with. One sells the fabric $1.00 a meter!

My daughters go to look at thrift stores to find dresses to wear, and I look at the dresses to rip apart for fabric

One trip to the thrift stores I found so many items that I said , that's it no more spending for me I reached my limit ($20.00)
    THEN we go to a yard sale of a sewer and she was selling so many nice pieces of fabric . I only spent $5 but I wanted it all!!!!
    I don't yard sale much. I get in enough trouble at Goodwill. Did pack away some plaid men's shirts, pants and skirts from our church rummage sale. Didn't cost anything, as it was being packed up for its next home. I'm wanting to get a couple church projects going. Pillow cases for Special Olympicians and shopping bags for some living in group homes.