Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rescued finishing instructions >
  • Rescued finishing instructions

• Rescued finishing instructions

Old 07-06-2015, 09:43 AM

Default Rescued finishing instructions

A few years ago I contacted a gentleman who had his wife's quilting and crafting items on Craigslist. He told me to come on over if I wanted. Well.... off I went. I spent hours there sorting through things. Long story short, his wife's work was beautiful and I have been putting off finishing some of the items. Today, I decided to look at the quilt BOM and discovered that I was missing two blocks. Spent about an hour looking for old posts on blogs, etc and finally emailed FatQuarterShop for help. Explained situation and asked that they just send a picture of finished quilt as I think I would (with help of guilt members) be able to finish it. Within about 2 hours, I got a lovely response and a downloadable finishing instructions with pic of quilt. They were incredible. I will post this lovely when I finish.
    Old 07-06-2015, 09:51 AM
    Power Poster

Good Luck in getting these UFO blocks finished. Will be waiting to see the final results.
    Old 07-06-2015, 10:04 AM

I love to hear about great customer service! Since you didn't buy from them they could have ignored you but went out of their way to be helpful!
    Way to go FatQuarterShop!
    Old 07-06-2015, 10:38 AM
    Power Poster

Oh you must send him a photo of the completed work when it's done. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
    Old 07-06-2015, 02:15 PM

Susiequilt, I have ordered quite a bit from FQS but didn't mention it though. So they will get more of my orders in the future for sure. Nativetexan, I did contact him in Jan this year as I started revisiting the projects. I told him that his wife's work made me marvel at her precision and skill. He was appreciative of my email. It was difficult for him to part with her stuff but since she had a severe stroke, he was forced to do so. Since he let me see the "stuff" prior to the sale, I helped him in pricing things and putting things in place. He had 50 cents on paperback quilt books (like Thimbleberries, Martingale, C&T,..) and $1 on the hardcover ones. I showed him the retail prices on the back and he adjusted his prices up (with discounts for buying multiple books). Even helped with some research on an older machine she had used. Hopefully I will stay on top of this after August (upcoming DGD's birthdays) and get some help. All the blocks are on point and I have never done settings and such. But that is what youtube, Quiltville and this board is all about.