Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Ricki Tims Seminar >
  • Ricki Tims Seminar

• Ricki Tims Seminar

Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 AM

Haven't been, but Ricky and Alex Anderson are going to be at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show the first week of July and I will be attending several of their lectures there and am really looking forward to it. Show us pictures after you go.
    Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 AM

I have not attended any of their seminars. They are waaay out of my league but they do have some awesome talents. That
    Libby Lehman quilt is beautifal. You'll have to take some pictures there too to share.
    Thanks Athomesewing for sharing those pictures. :thumbup:
    Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
    I have not attended any of their seminars. They are waaay out of my league but they do have some awesome talents. That
    Libby Lehman quilt is beautifal. You'll have to take some pictures there too to share.
    I am sorry to contradict you, but the seminar is not out of your league. No matter how inexperience you are as a quilter, you can follow every aspect. They, ...not Ricky teach you to make sense out of quilting. When is necessary to measure an accurate 1/4 inch and when is not. How to look at fabric and see things you never noticed before. And over all, how to express yourself rather than just following a pattern and just reproduce what many other people have already done multiple times. You come out with ideas and a new confidence that you didn't know you had. I would recommend it to anyone, beginer or expert..
    Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
    Originally Posted by dglvr
    I am sorry to contradict you, but the seminar is not out of your league. No matter how inexperience you are as a quilter, you can follow every aspect. They, ...not Ricky teach you to make sense out of quilting. When is necessary to measure an accurate 1/4 inch and when is not. How to look at fabric and see things you never noticed before. And over all, how to express yourself rather than just following a pattern and just reproduce what many other people have already done multiple times. You come out with ideas and a new confidence that you didn't know you had. I would recommend it to anyone, beginer or expert..
    Well now that you put it that way it does sound like fun.
    Would get lots of ideas. I should see if they are going to be in my area. Thanks and don't be sorry. Sometimes seeing things from someone elses point of view makes a huge difference.
    :thumbup:
    Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM

thanks for everyone's imput. I have a better feeling about going to the seminar. I'm alot like " dglvr" - a little intimadated and have no imagination. Though I have been quilting for a long time, I normally stay with traditional patterns, sometimes easy landscapes! Will take lots of pictures to share.
    Old 04-23-2010, 04:59 AM
    Power Poster

Well then, it sounds like the seminar will be GREAT for you!! Just let loose and enjoy it!
    Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 AM
    Power Poster

It sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing the pics of the quilts. They are awesome.
    Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
    Power Poster

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy.