Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rolling sewing machine tote >
  • Rolling sewing machine tote

• Rolling sewing machine tote

Old 11-17-2014, 07:54 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
    I love my tutto. I figured I spent all this money on my machine, I better get a really good case to haul it in.
    I agree, I have two tutto's one for each of my Bernina's!!! Love them!!!
    Old 11-17-2014, 08:07 AM
    Power Poster

Because of a change in a family situation which I'm trying to talk the son out of, I'm going to have to give up my sewing room so I will have to really decompress/downsize.
    Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 AM

I have TWO Tuttos - love them. So easy to roll and easy on my back and arthritis limbs! Bought one using coupons and Joanns with free shipping, too. Wal-Mart.com had a sale but my local sewing vac matched their price when I bought the 2nd one (between 2 machines, my embroidery machine, and my Brother Scan-N-Cut its great to have a backup case!). Worth every penny.
    Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 AM

I don't have a rolling tote but I might get one this year. Joann's always has them on sale the day after Thanksgiving for 60% or more off.
    Old 11-17-2014, 10:32 AM
    Banned

I have a large rolling tote I got when I bought my first embroidery machine. The machine is so wide front to back that it won't fit in a regular tote it has to have a huge one. For my serger I found a Thermos rolling cooler at a thrift store that's the perfect size, and being it's a soft sided cooler it's well padded. 6 dollars versus 100 dollars? Oh Yeah.

Cari
    Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 AM

I got my Tutto with a large discount during the last 30 minutes of our Rusty Barn "Quilt, Sew, and Craft Festival." I loved it. My arthritis is too bad to use it now so I use it for storage instead.
    Old 11-19-2014, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    I bought a rolling tool caddy from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy and cost a fraction of what the Tuttos are priced at.
    Since I try to avoid hauling my machine, I did not want to spend too much to replace my old rolling machine tote a few years ago. I found a nice one at HF on sale and used a coupon, too. It came with a matching bag which can be slipped over the handle. It is square, just perfect for holding a pattern or quilt magazine/book along with accessories as needed for classes, quilt retreat, etc. the price was right ��.

Last edited by quilttiger; 11-19-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Old 11-19-2014, 04:24 AM

I use a Magna folding handcart and hold things on it with a bungie cord. I do have to take things on and off to load/unload at the car but it is easier for me to lift things in and out of the car that way. I use the cart for a lot of different things (moved bags of mulch etc) and it was less expensive than a sewing machine rolling cart and has many uses. It also folds flat for storage which is a plus. It holds up to 150#. I got mine on Amazon for around $25 but I'm sure they are available other places as well. I love mine
    Old 11-19-2014, 04:27 AM

I have several rolling cases and my favorite is one that I bought at Walmart on Black Friday several years ago. I went in the afternoon when most deals were gone. The brand is something like "Everything Mary" . The trolley has a large pocket on the front which I use for surge protector and extension cord. There Re two pockets, one on each end that are about 6 X 7 inches. There are 3 clear zip pockets on the inside of the lid. The top kind of folds down and zips, it is rounded. It is my absolute favorite. I use it at least once a week. I bought it for the princely sum of $25. They had the same deal last year too. I like it lots better than the one I bought from Joann's.
    Old 11-19-2014, 04:52 AM

I would recommend the Tuttos. I have the Viking cases and a set from Joann's...both have worn wheels and don't work well anymore. I have the tutto on my Christmas list- the wheels go all directions, too!!