Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rolling sewing machine tote >
  • Rolling sewing machine tote

• Rolling sewing machine tote

Old 11-19-2014, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2
    I bought one at Joanns on sale and was able to use a coupon also. It has some pockets on the side and two separate lift off sections that can hold a lot of stuff. It has an extension handle for the roll around part and each of the additional sections that lift off also have handles. While it solves the problem of transporting the machine across the floor etc. it is still very heavy to lift. I go to a Bee twice a month and I have used it for that. Loading it in and out of the car is my biggest problem. All of my machines are Berninas and quite heavy.
    Yes, I bought that one too...and really like it....but instead of taking my heavy housebound sewing machine, I purchased a "traveler", reasonably priced machine....don't need all the bells and whistles at most retreats, bees, etc.....
    Old 11-19-2014, 05:31 AM

I use something like this with stretch cords to hold it on. It folds up out of the way when not in use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magna-Cart-C...item3398f07ce9
    Old 11-19-2014, 05:49 AM

Love the Tuto's.....great bags, but too large to haul if you have 2 people and a small car. My girlfriend and I have the big Bernina's and found that with the tuto bags we had to add extra padding. The embroidery case holds all the extras we need to take, but we both decided to down size and get the Bernina tote on wheels. This fits our machines likes a glove and can sit on the back seat with a seat belt holding it firmly in place. The embroidery cases will stand on the floor behind the front seats. We now have more room to pack our luggage and purchases. The embroidery case has enough padding for the unit, but I did not feel secure having my machine sit in the xl Tutto case. Perhaps they have added padding....this was 3 or 4 years ago when we were looking at them.
    Not all companies have special cases for their machines, but if they do I highly recomend them.
    Old 11-19-2014, 09:00 AM

I went to Joann's and bought a case that is great. Have used it for 3 years now and just found out that it is a serger case not a sewing machine case. I am still glad I bought it as it is so big and I can put tons of stuff in it.
    Old 11-19-2014, 09:41 AM

I got a rolling tool tote from Harbor Freight. It's olive green but I put a strip of autumn leaf fabric on it. It was
    on sale for $20.00!!! Yep, $20.00 and it fits both of my machines with space for supplies...I have a Brother
    embroidery machine and a Viking Emerald. I just love a bargain!!! And. since, it's made to carry heady duty
    tools in, it should last a life time.
    Old 11-19-2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
    I love my tutto. I figured I spent all this money on my machine, I better get a really good case to haul it in.
    I have a Tutto case too, the first one lasted 10 years; until I was coming up the stairs & dropped it just right on the steps and broke one of the wheels off. It couldn't be repaired,so I got a new one for my birthday. I have the Large size, it holds my old Bernina and everything I need for a day of quilting. I found it on sale and that made it much easier to convince DH that I needed a new one.
    Sharon in Texas
    Old 11-19-2014, 11:40 AM

I have 2 cases - the Tutto is for my big machine, which I don't transport very often but I did want to have one made to transport it when it does leave the house. The other is one from Joann's - got it on sale and it is for my traveling machine and I leave it packed with scissors, machine oil, various little tools and needles. I have a small cutting mat that fits in the bag, but if I am traveling I take my ironing/cutting mat in my suitcase which is much bigger.
    Old 11-19-2014, 03:45 PM

I would like a rolling tote for my machine also. All of the totes I have seen at JoAnns and Hancocks are too small for my machine. I have a Janome 9700. It is just a little bit too big for those bags. I might have to try the thrift store. I never get good deals like that from there.
    Old 11-19-2014, 05:13 PM

I have bought totes from Hancocks and JoAnns and they never lasted so now I have Tutto. It is a fantastic tote and worth the price.
    Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM

I also love my tutto but wish I had bought one that was 1 size bigger than they suggested. My machine fits in the bag but it is very hard to maneuver it into the bag.