Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rolling sewing machine tote >
  • Rolling sewing machine tote

• Rolling sewing machine tote

Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 AM

I just got a flyer from Joann's and their rolling tote for sewing machines has five pieces to it for all your quilting supplies and is on sale for $39. A good buy . I bought one several years ago for my Janome 3500 andit works great for traveling.
    Old 11-20-2014, 04:22 AM

What size of the Tutto would you recommend for the Janome 8900? Any of you have one for this machine and how do you like it?
    Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=imsewnso;6975341]Love the Tuto's.....great bags, but too large to haul if you have 2 people and a small car. My girlfriend and I have the big Bernina's and found that with the tuto bags we had to add extra padding. The embroidery case holds all the extras we need to take, but we both decided to down size and get the Bernina tote on wheels. This fits our machines likes a glove and can sit on the back seat with a seat belt holding it firmly in place.
    =========================
    I got a tutu at last years 60% off free shipping at Joanns.com I love it.
    They come in 3 or 4 sizes, get the one that fits your machine. They list the brands/models that will fit the bag.
    (edited to add I got the one that works with my Janome 6600, which also works well with my Singer 404
    Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 PM

I went to Harbor Freight and bought a rolling tool bag for my machine. I paid $19.99 for it, and it came with a smaller tool bag for free. I've been using it every week to take my machine to my weekly quilting group, and even though it's a bit dirtier on the outside than when I bought it, it's just as good as new. I've been using it for 4 years now!

Donna
    Old 11-21-2014, 03:23 AM

I was gifted a rolling tote from JoAnn's and the handle snapped the 3rd time I used it. My travel machine is a lightweight Brother CS6000i. Found a great small rolling carry on suitcase with wheels that swivel and it's fantastic! Thrift store find for $5. I just can't see spending the $$$$ for the Tutto when I could use it for fabric instead!
    Old 11-21-2014, 03:40 AM

I use a shopping trolley with large wheels. I find the machine totes have small wheels and don't live up to getting on and off buses or bumpy pavements going to classes.
    Old 11-23-2014, 03:50 PM

I have a rolling sewing machine tote. It's great when you take your machine to a sewing time or to a retreat. It keeps the machine safe and sound. Also good to stuff the accessories, small travel iron and chair pad in the case.
    Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    I bought a rolling tool caddy from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy and cost a fraction of what the Tuttos are priced at.
    I did the same thing. I have a Janome 9000 and it fits perfectly. There are some pockets inside and more on the outside. Plain black canvasy material with yellow stitching, but for $25 I couldn't resist. Folds kind of flattish for storage when I'm not using it too.
    Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 PM
    mkc

Originally Posted by LynnVT
    I did the same thing. I have a Janome 9000 and it fits perfectly. There are some pockets inside and more on the outside. Plain black canvasy material with yellow stitching, but for $25 I couldn't resist. Folds kind of flattish for storage when I'm not using it too.
    Do you have a link? I'm putting together my Christmas list for DH and I think he would rather shop at HF than the LQS ;-)

Last edited by mkc; 11-23-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Old 11-23-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by mkc
    Do you have a link? I'm putting together my Christmas list for DH and I think he would rather shop at HF than the LQS ;-)
    They're not hard to find; just ask for a rolling tool caddy or bag. This is the one I got:

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-r...ng-gear-090314