Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rotary Blades >
  • Rotary Blades

• Rotary Blades

Old 09-30-2010, 04:07 PM

I just checked my order and it was shipped yesterday from Cal, and is in Pheonix now. Told me when I checked the delivery will be around the 4th. I live on the Eastern border of AZ, so I think maybe tomorrow I can expect fed ex to come knocking at my door
    Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM

baldes from Harbor Freight cut beautiful, waiting for them to get in more.
    Old 09-30-2010, 05:50 PM

I got mine at HF also it works just fine.
    Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 PM
    Bev

When I was at HF, nosing around, I found a magnifying glass that has turned out to be really great. Some of you might be in need of one also. It slides out of its case and the case becomes its handle. It has a white LED light in it, good for 100,000 hours, that works very well. It is battery operated but comes with the battery in it. It has both 3X and 5X magnifying and when you slide it back in the case it is as small as a thin wallet. I have used it a lot since I bought it and I really like it. The price as I recall was about $3.50 or $4.00, well worth it. Oh, and P.S. it can be used as a flashlight. 8-)
    Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 PM

My Harbor Freight blades are on back order, supposed to arrive in October. I bought 20pks, 40 total. They should last awhile and at the inexpensive cost I won't feel guilty changing my cutter more often, and saving the duller ones for cutting paper and other non-fabrics.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM

WILL THE HARBOR FRIEGHT BLADES FIT A 45MM FRISKAR ROTARY CUTTER?
    Sorry about the caps just noticed when I looke dup and to tired to change them!!!:)
    Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by conniebrooks
    Hello, I bought blades from Harbor Freight. I am very disappointed. They did a terrible job. Right away they seemed like they were cutting like my old throw away blades. Did not cut good at all. Will not buy them again. Let me know if anyone else had this trouble. I am goingto Joanns and going to buy the good ones after all the trouble I have had. Not a happy camper. Thank goodness they were so cheap.
    I've been using the same Harbor Freight blade in my 45MM Olfa rotary cutter since late July and it still cuts beautifully. I don't mean to be a smart alec, but since the blades come packed two to a package, is it possible you didn't separate them before putting one blade in your rotary cutter? If you check the other three threads on this board about the Harbor Freight "carpet cutters", you'll find that 99.9% of the quilters who have used them LOVE THEM. Perhaps you did receive a lemon, and I'm sorry that happened to you, when everyone else is thrilled with the price and the good performance of the blades. Belles
    Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 PM

my hubby checked the thickness with a mic & there is very, very little difference. only diff if the price now--they went up to 1.99 from 1.49. they only come in the 45mm size. they cut very well. wish it was the 60 mm size as I use that the most.
    Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by conniebrooks
    Hello, I bought blades from Harbor Freight. I am very disappointed. They did a terrible job. Right away they seemed like they were cutting like my old throw away blades. Did not cut good at all. Will not buy them again. Let me know if anyone else had this trouble. I am goingto Joanns and going to buy the good ones after all the trouble I have had. Not a happy camper. Thank goodness they were so cheap.
    I also had problems with the Harbor Freight blades. It has been suggested that I put two blades in at once but since there are only two blades in a pack and one was still in the package, I only used one! I tried the other blade as well and it didn't work either. They both left small sections uncut. I had to go over it several times pressing very hard. I have a couple more packs and will try them. Hopefully it was just a bad package but very frustrating!
    Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM

They just emailed me and told me they shipped them out Tues. I placed my order July 22. I should have them by Monday. I can't wait. Will let you know how I like them