Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Rotary Cutting Machine >
  • Rotary Cutting Machine

• Rotary Cutting Machine

Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM

I use to have one.. we bought it at Wal-Mart...tried it..and it worked horrible. We took it back. We get a better cut, and faster using this item. Was much cheaper also.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117731.jpe  
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Hank is beautiful!
    Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
    I use to have one.. we bought it at Wal-Mart...tried it..and it worked horrible. We took it back. We get a better cut, and faster using this item. Was much cheaper also.
    Mythreesuns...never seen what your picture is of. Can you tell me what it is?
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 AM

It is made by Fiskars. I got mine at JoAnns. It is called Fiskars Strip Cutter 12 inch. You can cut up to 4 thickness at a time accurately. Check out www.fiskars.com
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by CherryPie
    Originally Posted by mythreesuns
    Mythreesuns...never seen what your picture is of. Can you tell me what it is?
    Donna Dewberry Fabric Strip Cutter (45 mm) Here is one on overstock.com you can see what it is.
    http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...9/product.html
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Since I haven't much good about it, I told DH that I was going to take it back and get his money back. I'm thinking about getting that Donna Dewberry strip cutter instead. I'd just like to have something that when I have to cut strips it'll be easier for me. I have problems using a long ruler because by the time I get to the top, it has moved on me. I just don't have enough strength in my hands to hold it down.
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by SewinSue
    Leave it in the box and take it back and get your money back. It doesn't cut accurately nor does it cut straight. Tell him it was really a great thought but they are worthless! Sorry. Sue
    Sorry but I agree. Make sure he knows it was appreciated.
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
    Since I haven't much good about it, I told DH that I was going to take it back and get his money back. I'm thinking about getting that Donna Dewberry strip cutter instead. I'd just like to have something that when I have to cut strips it'll be easier for me. I have problems using a long ruler because by the time I get to the top, it has moved on me. I just don't have enough strength in my hands to hold it down.
    I took my dewbeery Strip cutter back too. Get a shape cut ruler. They are square with 1/2 in slots. There's one with 1/8 in slots too, but I love love my 1/2 in one.
    Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 AM

I want to thank everyone's suggestions concerning the rotary cutting machine. I wrapped it up and took it back to Hancock's this a.m. I got me a shape cut ruler + a couple more I wanted (Hancock's having a 50% off on all notions) so my DH only came out spending $20. That's quite a difference from that machine. DH says he appreciates your suggestions, too, because he "got away a lot cheaper"!! He's a mess but a keeper. Have a great day everyone!!!
    Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 AM

I have one also. Agree that it doesn't cut straight. Only used it a couple of times. Bought off of Ebay about a year and half ago. Also have a couple of the shape cut rulers, but never used them either. Now I have an Accuquilt Go! with all of the strip dies except for the 1". This is a fabulous machine and cuts very accurately. I wish I have known about this forum then, cause I would have never purchased the rotary cutter. I think I paid around $50-$60 or more, I forget now.