Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Round Robin Prompts/Structures >
  • Round Robin Prompts/Structures

• Round Robin Prompts/Structures

Old 09-22-2023, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333
    I am not a traditional quilter and would worry that my style would not fit, or that I would be required to do something that is not in my skill set.
    The thing I like best about RR work is that you are pushed to apply the skills you have in new ways, pushed to acquire new skills (like block lotto prompts, RR prompts are often intentionally made to get you to try some particular technique), and you are also pushed to solve a design puzzle.

I think most quilters find that the RR process brings out a whole new quilter in them. I for one dislike paper piecing (I find it hard to think upside down and backwards, which I am told means I can never be a helicopter pilot...guess helicopter pilots are also whizzbang at paper piecing...) but I had to use PP to do what I wanted to do to the starter block I got in the last RR I participated in. Made me a lot better at PP!
    Old 09-25-2023, 07:26 AM

Like Peckish and 1CharmShort I am getting no takers in my quilt guild for forming a Mad Adders team.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to do this via mail? It adds some extra time pressure and mailing costs, but I am on to form a team of 6 where we mail our work to each other.

Janet
    Old 09-25-2023, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by WesternWilson
    Like Peckish and 1CharmShort I am getting no takers in my quilt guild for forming a Mad Adders team.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to do this via mail? It adds some extra time pressure and mailing costs, but I am on to form a team of 6 where we mail our work to each other.

Janet
    maybe check in with this post.
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...s-t321420.html
    Old 09-27-2023, 01:13 PM

Thanks Thimblebug! Meanwhile, I am still looking for fun, inspirational and unusual RR quilt prompts!
    Old 09-29-2023, 12:34 PM

I don't know how I totally missed this thread on all my "new posts" checks. I would have jumped in earlier to let you know that the QB Mad Adder wanna be's were looking for folks! WesternWilson, now that you're our seventh team member, you can be my Round Robin Jiminy Cricket as I have never led a group and have never done a round robin and love insight and advice. Peckish, it sounds like you have done this before so be sure to keep me on track as I try to keep our Terd of Hurtles going in the right direction.

Please don't hesitate, any of you, to give advice or comments on the QB Flinging Flimsies Mad Adders thread!
    Old 09-29-2023, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000

Thank you for getting folks to us, Thimblebug6000!!!
    Old 09-29-2023, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94
    Peckish, it sounds like you have done this before so be sure to keep me on track as I try to keep our Terd of Hurtles going in the right direction.
    Ha! I've NOT done a round robin before, I've only talked to others, most of whom didn't enjoy it much. So I'm sitting right next to you in this boat!
    Old 09-30-2023, 05:13 AM

The QB Flinging Flimsies are going to be rocking the boat together then! I think it will help that we are all willing to try something new and are flexible about expectations. The operative word is FUN! If it isn't fun, we are not doing it right and so we need to adjust accordingly.