Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sapphire 875Q >
  • Sapphire 875Q

• Sapphire 875Q

Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 AM

i have the viking 140c-which is a red sapphire 855. great machine! i could not be happier with it. as far as the bobbin...the writing on the bobbin (it's embossed in the plastic) should be facing UP...and then follow the directions for inserting. the manual is a girls best friend <g>
    Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by piper2665
    I just bought one and am looking for a user's support group. I got some free lessons, but am "saving them up" for big projects. I just have a lot of little stupid questions right now. LOL For one, how do you know if the bobbin is inserted properly? Mine won't always cut the bottom thread and I read that an improperly inserted bobbin is usually the culprit.
    If you find a support group, please let me know. I have a Sapphire 835 and could not take the free lessons because of the distance to the shop.
    Old 05-15-2013, 05:37 AM

There's a Yahoo group for this model: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VikingSapphire/

I've had the 870Q since 2009 and love it, and I sew with it almost every day.
    Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 AM

I have a Sapphire 830 and it is my work horse! I sew everyday and on w/e up to 14 hours ( my addiction for food and switched to quilting) A few things I have learned along the way:

Thread with the needle in the up position, rewind the bobbin with the needle threaded, clean out your bobbin case frequently, your spring loaded darning/fmq foot may not last long - find the Leah Day you tube video on how to modify any spring loaded foot to fit your machine (wish I found that one sooner and I would have saved $100.00)
    If your thread is breaking or shredding during fmq use a larger needle even a generic 110 needle for some threads, using a thinner bobbin thread when fmq Bottom Line, So Fine or Connecting Threads Polyester work best for me.

I hope the things I have learned over 2 years can help someone!