Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sara's Quilt...the rest of the story >
  • Sara's Quilt...the rest of the story

• Sara's Quilt...the rest of the story

Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
    Sshe is just a little doll! Sounds like they have a great neighbor too! As far as their mail carrier goes, I would at least hope it was a substitue who delivered it to begin with. Granted, it was delivered as addressed but if it was their regular carrier they should have noticed it was not addressed correctly and delivered it to where it should have gone. Since it was next door it had to be on the same delivery route. I'm thinking it must have been delivered the first time by a substitute or a new employee that didn't know the route.

I am very thankful that the package was delivered. Most postal employees (notice I said most) will do their very best to make sure packages and letters are delivered promptly and properly.

Am so glad this story had a happy ending..!!!!
    I too am glad it all worked out. As for mailmen, I have had this one for about 5 years and he still delivers my mail to one neighbor, another's to me, etc. Sometimes I wonder if he can read. He is the pits.....
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
    I just watched the movie and noticed that Sara paid quite a bit of attention to the label on the back, even though I know she knew who made the quilt. I usually hand embroidery a message on the back, but think the label is a good idea ... it looks like there was a picture on it. How do you make those labels?
    About the label, I just start a new Word document, layout photo (if I am using one) and wording, slide a sheet of printable fabric into my printer, and I've got a label. Since these fabric sheets are pretty expensive (I HATE the inexpensive ones!), I try to do two at once, side by side. That way when I cut off that area, I can still use the other 1/2 of the fabric later on. The label on the right is for the next quilt I'm finishing for a different GD. Hope this helps you do some for yourself.

labels
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110736[/ATTACH]

labels
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110737[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110732.jpe  
    Attached Files
    File Type: doc
    Attachment-110731.doc (626.5 KB, 103 views)
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 AM

Thank you so much! I'll definitely do this for the quilt I'm working on for one of my 6 grandsons. I love the idea of including current pictures.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
    Originally Posted by IT_Nana
    I just watched the movie and noticed that Sara paid quite a bit of attention to the label on the back, even though I know she knew who made the quilt. I usually hand embroidery a message on the back, but think the label is a good idea ... it looks like there was a picture on it. How do you make those labels?
    About the label, I just start a new Word document, layout photo (if I am using one) and wording, slide a sheet of printable fabric into my printer, and I've got a label. Since these fabric sheets are pretty expensive (I HATE the inexpensive ones!), I try to do two at once, side by side. That way when I cut off that area, I can still use the other 1/2 of the fabric later on. The label on the right is for the next quilt I'm finishing for a different GD. Hope this helps you do some for yourself.
    What a great idea! Never thought of that. I usually do mine on the embroidery machine.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 AM

That is absolutely precious. Thank you for posting the video. It brought tears to my eyes. No grands for me yet, but my son got married last year and so I'm hoping . . .
    Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Dear Quilting...

I am so glad Sara got her quilt, and I watched the video, which brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful child and awesome quilt... Happy Happy for all.

Is it my "quilt year yet?"

Julie (3 cats Florida)
    Old 09-04-2010, 05:04 PM
    Power Poster

Yes I remember seeing the video. Sara looked so happy.
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:45 PM

That little girl is just adorable and also lucky.
    I have a mail carrier who often forgets he is supposed to deliver mail to the address on the envelopes. I have received mail for the people in the houses on both sides of mine and one across the street. I've also received mail for people on streets I never heard of before. If it's a neighbor I hand it to them the same day. Anything else I take to the post office and let them try again.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Sounds like the nice lady at 1730 deserves to get a pair of quilted potholders or some such thing delivered to her address on purpose.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 PM

She is beautiful!! It brought tears to my eyes and so happy that the outcome was so good. Love the labels, what a great idea to include pictures.