Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • sauder sewing table >
  • sauder sewing table

• sauder sewing table

Old 04-10-2011, 02:53 AM

I have had one for a few years and really like it. I wish the machine was level with the table, but I am not handy enough to do it. When fmq, I butt a table against the back side to help support the quilt.
    Old 04-10-2011, 02:59 AM

I have one and just love it for my small sewing space....Got mine for $69. because it had a little scratch on it.You can order one from Wal Mart and have it delivered to your local Wal Mart store......
    Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 AM

BK I'm trying to talk DH into cutting a recess for my machine, too. The piece he made with foam boards works well. I also butt a table or ironing board up against mine to give my quilt support while quilting. I wouldn't have room for anything larger in my sewing room and really don't need anything that big most of the time. Thanks for mentioning the lift-I'll look into that, altho I never put my machine away either.
    Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 AM

I just got one from Joanns; it is orginally 219 but I got it for 137. It took only a few hours to put it together. My biggest obsticle was my nails are long and there were a few small screws. It has a drawer; a fold out back to make it larger (I use that space under it for storage and a pull out shelf which is great for another machine or one of those small ironing clothes for the small things while you are sewing. I love it. I was going to send you a photo but their server is down. I had to order mine but it only took 2 weeks to come in.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:05 AM

I have 2 of these. I bought one and one was given to me. I have it set up in a L shape right now. When I need more space I take the other one that doesn't have my machine in it and put it in front of the other one. When I'm done I just wheel it back to where it was. My BIL cut a hole in the one my machine is in so it is flush. Works for me. :thumbup:
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 AM

That sounds like a great idea. I might have to find someone to do the same thing. I love the measuring grid on the top. I was surprised at how easy it was to put together too.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
    BK I'm trying to talk DH into cutting a recess for my machine, too. The piece he made with foam boards works well. I also butt a table or ironing board up against mine to give my quilt support while quilting. I wouldn't have room for anything larger in my sewing room and really don't need anything that big most of the time. Thanks for mentioning the lift-I'll look into that, altho I never put my machine away either.
    Actually, setting the machine on top and putting the foam around may be better ergonomically than recessing it into the table. I'm tall so it is a little low for me with it recessed but not too bad. One of these days I'll have hubby make me some blocks to put under the casters and raise it up a few inches.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Thanks to osterporosis I'm now only 5' 1/2 lost 2 inches. Which since I've always been short doesn't really bother me. Most things are too tall for me as it is. But there are worse things in life than being short so I don't mind at all.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 AM

I have the Sauder Sewing table. Got it at Walmart for $99 and put it together myself. I love it. Great sewing center. It has the leaf on the left hand side that is held up by opening the wide storage door. It allows for storage of your machine (which I don't), had a side with shelves for storage. It was not only work the money but the time to put it together. It looks like a nice regular piece of furniture when it is all closed up.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Originally Posted by janRN
    Actually, setting the machine on top and putting the foam around may be better ergonomically than recessing it into the table. I'm tall so it is a little low for me with it recessed but not too bad. One of these days I'll have hubby make me some blocks to put under the casters and raise it up a few inches.
    You can buy bed risers at Wal-Mart for around $9.00 for a 4 pack. Those should work. If I had to wait around for my Hubby to make me something, it's gonna be a long time. :roll: