Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • saving favorite fabric >
  • saving favorite fabric

• saving favorite fabric

Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Can you imagine the comments when the undertakers association starts comparing notes and there are suddenly a zillion requests for favorite quilt fabric liners for coffins????
    Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by applique
    Can you imagine the comments when the undertakers association starts comparing notes and there are suddenly a zillion requests for favorite quilt fabric liners for coffins????
    I literally laughed out loud!!! Just too funny for words!
    Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Heck, that's the major problem I have. If I'd only "unlove" the fabric, I might get some quilting done.

Judy
    Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by applique
    This could open up a whole new business!
    Old 10-03-2010, 07:15 PM

I sure do...a lot of them. I just cant seem to cut into them. However, who says you have to? Do stamp collectors use their stamps to pay bills?
    Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Don't tell my hubby, but I have lots. I bought some CUTE halloween fabric back in June to make a quilt but its so cute I don't want to cut it up
    Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 PM

I had a piece of silver and aqua silk brocade that I carried around various moves over ten years, because I could not cut into it. I would just pet it and try to dream up a way to use it that was 'worthy' of such a gem. When I left Texas, to return to Oregon, A lovely Japanese friend was helping me pack, and she found it. She held it and cried in the middle of my floor. It was very old you see, and it reminded her of 'home'. She is happily wearing it as a dress for special occasions. I never knew I was saving it for that moment. I regret nothing. Sometimes, ya just gotta say "What the heck, here!" ( I would probably still be carrying it around anyway, I'm just too timid to risk ruining that much silk. I'm glad she wasn't)
    Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I had a piece of silver and aqua silk brocade that I carried around various moves over ten years, because I could not cut into it. I would just pet it and try to dream up a way to use it that was 'worthy' of such a gem. When I left Texas, to return to Oregon, A lovely Japanese friend was helping me pack, and she found it. She held it and cried in the middle of my floor. It was very old you see, and it reminded her of 'home'. She is happily wearing it as a dress for special occasions. I never knew I was saving it for that moment. I regret nothing. Sometimes, ya just gotta say "What the heck, here!" ( I would probably still be carrying it around anyway, I'm just too timid to risk ruining that much silk. I'm glad she wasn't)
    How sweet of you to save it all those years just to give it to who had been waiting for it all along. :thumbup:
    Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 AM

What a lovely thing to have happen. You'll keep smiling every time you think of that piece of fabric and how it ended up in loving hands.
    Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie
    Originally Posted by jodimarie
    I too am a fabric horder....there I admited it!! but one day my daughter came up to me and asked me when I was going to use one of my many favorites. Well, imangine my surprise when she told me....you know when you are gone, I'm having a garage sale and it is all going for a quarter!! That made me stop and think....why am I saving this fabric when I too could be enjoying snuggling up under a beautiful quilt.

I read the posts about people going to yard sales and finding the ''mother load'' of goodies and I don't want my favorites to end up someplace ''icky''....vbg!! but lining my casket is an idea!!
    ahhh! shuddder the thought....my PRECIOUS...being sold like a common street waif...for a quarter???
    I WILL have to muster some courage and use it. I can't let it live a wasted life, locked away...somehow, I must find a way...
    I have three daughters that like quarters more than quilts!!! :shock:
    The same here. None of these daughters sew, either!!