• saving favorite fabric >
  • saving favorite fabric

• saving favorite fabric

Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
    Originally Posted by Mousie
    Originally Posted by jodimarie
    I too am a fabric horder....there I admited it!! but one day my daughter came up to me and asked me when I was going to use one of my many favorites. Well, imangine my surprise when she told me....you know when you are gone, I'm having a garage sale and it is all going for a quarter!! That made me stop and think....why am I saving this fabric when I too could be enjoying snuggling up under a beautiful quilt.

I read the posts about people going to yard sales and finding the ''mother load'' of goodies and I don't want my favorites to end up someplace ''icky''....vbg!! but lining my casket is an idea!!
    ahhh! shuddder the thought....my PRECIOUS...being sold like a common street waif...for a quarter???
    I WILL have to muster some courage and use it. I can't let it live a wasted life, locked away...somehow, I must find a way...
    I have three daughters that like quarters more than quilts!!! :shock:
    The same here. None of these daughters sew, either!!
    :roll: oh dear, oh dear...
    that's what my grandbaby says when she sees the "rolling eyes" smiley face.
    Oh! oh! oh! she loves fabrics. I shall will every little bit to her!
    She is almost seven and has her own stash drawer at my mousehouse and checks for new lovelies every time she comes over.
    So every time I go to the lqs, I have to get her something. Amazing what she is drawn to. She loves them all too.
    I'm so glad I remembered this.
    Grandmama pat, do you have any granddaughters??? ;-)
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
    Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
    Me three! LOLOL .. we should share pictures of our favorite fabrics ... maybe we could help each other accumulate more. My absolute-to-die-for favorite is a 1994 Hoffman Challenge called Tiffany Windows here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/past...994fabric.html

I only have a yard of that GORGEOUS stuff. It is lovingly placed away from the light and dust/dirt. I visit it on occasion, just to pet it and reassure it that it is still my #1.

Second place is the 2004 Hoffman Challenge called Multi-Gold (?) here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/challenge2004.html

It shares the same clean dark spot with #1, so at least they can talk to each other. :-)
    OMGosh It is beautiful and I would have had to have all the co-ordinating fabrics also. wonder if they are still available somewhere?
    To the best of my knowledge (and trust me I have searched), I have not been able to find any of them. Hoffman Challenge fabrics disappear pretty quickly .. especially if they are GORGEOUS!
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
    my family tells me that when I die they're selling my machine collection & stash to the lowest bidder. EEEEK! :cry:
    :lol: :lol: I tell my family that I'm all set ... I have 4 grave plots. My husband is in one, I'll be in another, and there's two left for my fabric ... its going with me!!! :lol: :lol:
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 PM

I too am a fabric horder....there I admited it!! but one day my daughter came up to me and asked me when I was going to use one of my many favorites. Well, imangine my surprise when she told me....you know when you are gone, I'm having a garage sale and it is all going for a quarter!! That made me stop and think....why am I saving this fabric when I too could be enjoying snuggling up under a beautiful quilt.

I read the posts about people going to yard sales and finding the ''mother load'' of goodies and I don't want my favorites to end up someplace ''icky''....vbg!! but lining my casket is an idea!!
    I truly smile at "lining my casket." I've often told my three daughters that I want my casket lined in pretty floral prints. They just shake their heads, walk away, and threaten to call the whitecoats!
    Old 10-08-2010, 01:33 AM

Omg! I am sooo glad I'm not te only one. I have so much I love but just keep hoarding. Lol

BTW Nancy, I live in Rushville! Wow we r close! Small world.
    Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat

ahhh! shuddder the thought....my PRECIOUS...being sold like a common street waif...for a quarter???
    I WILL have to muster some courage and use it. I can't let it live a wasted life, locked away...somehow, I must find a way...
    I have three daughters that like quarters more than quilts!!! :shock:
    The same here. None of these daughters sew, either!!
    :roll: oh dear, oh dear...
    that's what my grandbaby says when she sees the "rolling eyes" smiley face.
    Oh! oh! oh! she loves fabrics. I shall will every little bit to her!
    She is almost seven and has her own stash drawer at my mousehouse and checks for new lovelies every time she comes over.
    So every time I go to the lqs, I have to get her something. Amazing what she is drawn to. She loves them all too.
    I'm so glad I remembered this.
    Grandmama pat, do you have any granddaughters??? ;-)
    Yes, I have six granddaughters and only one of them is interested in sewing and she lives about 200 miles away from me. She was here for a weekend visit recently and I helped her start a quilt with just square blocks. She loved it and my daughter said she'd been working on it since they went home. I'm proud someone will "inherit" my stash when I'm gone. I suppose all of it wil go to her. No one else is even remotely interested.
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Someone should design a "coffin quilt liner" so we can get to work on them now. I love this idea! My kids say they're setting mine on fire because they think nobody else will want my fabric stash.
    Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
    Me three! LOLOL .. we should share pictures of our favorite fabrics ... maybe we could help each other accumulate more. My absolute-to-die-for favorite is a 1994 Hoffman Challenge called Tiffany Windows here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/past...994fabric.html

I only have a yard of that GORGEOUS stuff. It is lovingly placed away from the light and dust/dirt. I visit it on occasion, just to pet it and reassure it that it is still my #1.

Second place is the 2004 Hoffman Challenge called Multi-Gold (?) here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/challenge2004.html

It shares the same clean dark spot with #1, so at least they can talk to each other. :-)
    OMGosh It is beautiful and I would have had to have all the co-ordinating fabrics also. wonder if they are still available somewhere?
    To the best of my knowledge (and trust me I have searched), I have not been able to find any of them. Hoffman Challenge fabrics disappear pretty quickly .. especially if they are GORGEOUS!
    I have some of the 2nd butterfly fabrics. Its so pretty!! I use some in special quilts.
    Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
    Sis

Location: Born a SE Ohio Buckeye,now a Middle Tennessee Volunteer

I have told my only children (2 sons who do not understand my love of fabric) that when I die just ask for an unlined casket or pine box. Then pile a modest amount of my fabric on the bottom,place me on top of it ,then pack yardage pieces around me. Oh, and don't forget needle,thread, pins and scissors as I don't want to head to my destination and not have the proper tools for my fabric.
    Of course being guys, they don't get it. LOL
    Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 AM

I like your idea - I think I'll tell my kids that too!

Judy