Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance? >
  • Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance?

• Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance?

Old 10-08-2013, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette
    I'm glad you got the machine you wanted. I feel that if your heart was set on it and you bought something else you have forever regretted it. Enjoy it and good luck with your lessons
    Thanks very much!
    Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Check with your dealer about the thread tangling in the bobbin area. Mine told me that's a common problem and there are parts that are going to be available to fix that. Mine hasn't gotten them yet.
    Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM

I have been playing every since I got home with it yesterday, I feel like a girl with her very first doll, I can't believe I actually have this sewing machine in my house! I had some trouble for the first hour I sat down to the machine, it was of course my fault I didn't have the top thread right, I corrected and not a problem since. I am so glad that I bought the machine locally, I have already made 4 phone calls, hey the owner said for me to call absolutely anytime I want for help, so I do!!! They are able to pinpoint the problem over the phone very well and off I go to keep exploring the unknown territory of my new toy! The BSR is fantastic for me, it helps me have a steadier hand and the open foot helps me see the stitches, especially backstitching on feathers. ( I am certainly still a beginner, but I have become much better instantly with the BSR) I feel like I have more control. I called my sister to tell her about my new toy, she was excited and MAY buy her own machine and go to the classes with me... that would be so fun. The only real bad part is I am not sure how I am going to carry this machine in and out of the car and sewing center!! I will have to have some sort of wheeled carrier, not sure yet.
    Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 PM

I am so glad you got the Bernina locally. I know you will love it. As for the BSR, I think it is awesome. I use mine often and am so glad I have it. Enjoy your new machine!
    Old 10-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Okay, I have a problem (already) when I begin to piece, it will not sew smoothly over the edge it bunches it up???
    Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Boonedox
    Wow, the B750QE looks perfect! Can't wait to try it. But....the Pfaff Creative Performance is PURPLE! lol
    I currently have an Elna 6003 Quilter's Dream and would like to upgrade. I've never had a Pfaff or Bernina and they both seem to be well loved machines. Need to save my pennies so I have plenty of time to research. Can anyone tell me how the PCP is to FMQ on? The BSR is pretty high on my list so I'm currently leaning towards the B750. My skills are confident beginner but I want a machine that I can grow with. Would love some advice. Thanks!
    I have a Pfaff Creative Sensation - and I LOVE IT!! This machine does so much more than most of the machines ( the others all require use of the software ( Like 5D or 6D) to perform many of the functions that the Pfaff can do just with the machine.......While you may be a confident beginner now - it will not take long before you can and will be using the more extensive applications and features........The Pfaff is wonderful for FMQ......as a matter of fact - my local Pfaff dealer just had a FMQ class last weekend for beginners - and it was amazing what they were able to accomplish at the end of the 4 hour class!

Have fun with your research, and enjoy whichever machine you select!!! (PS - the Pfaff Purple is really beautiful!)
    Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
    Power Poster

I just saw an ad for a Bernina and almost fell on the floor. $13999.00. Yes, it is on the printed page. I think it might be a mistake. It does everything but the laundry and is compared to other top machines with all the bells and whistles and the other costs are about half the Bernina.

Talk about sticker shock!
    peace
    Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by debbiemarie
    Okay, I have a problem (already) when I begin to piece, it will not sew smoothly over the edge it bunches it up???
    Try easing up the presser foot pressure a little at a time.
    Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM

It has a tendency to do this if you use the automatic thread cutter. Try not to start right at the edge of the piece you are sewing. Using the dual feed foot will also help.