Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died! >
  • Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

• Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
    Dee

I am so sorry. It should replaced for nothing. Stand your ground. I had this happen to me when I took my Viking out of the box. Took 3 months, but all ended well.
    Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM

If they suggested repair, I would say that is unacceptable. I expect my money back or a new machine. It won't be at the dealers expense. He will return it to the factory and it should be sold as used.
    Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM

What a freaky thing to happen to a relatively new machine.. I too would stand my ground. The sewing machines today are so expensive the manufacturers should stand behind them. Are you getting some positive action from the store you purchased it from. My sister has the same machine and loves it.
    Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM

I know how you feel, I lost my Viking Rose this year and I can't see having it repaired for the same thing again. Just hang in
    there...
    Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
    Power Poster

Wow sounds like you may have gotten a lemon and need to have it replaced. Hope this works out for you.
    Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM

Hi I have been watching this subject with great interest. I too bought the Horizon in July and luckily (fingers crossed)its works fine. However just about a year ago a friend of mine bought the Janome 6260 QC for £400, sorry I,m not sure what that is in US$. Well this machine started doing its own thing. When she turned on it started machining on its own. She took it back to the dealer, who sent it to be repaired. When it came back she was told that the cpacitor had gone but had been replaced all under the warranty.
    She took it home and used it for another couple of weeks and then it started missing stitches. So back it went to the dealer who sent it back to be repaired. In the meantime my friend wasn't happy about this so got in touch with Janome and told them what had happened and they told her that if the repairer had only replaced the capacitor and not the whole motherboard he was contovenying the EU regulations ( this is a European Regulatory board). So she went back to the dealer and told her this. Well she wasn't too pleased to say the least and the upshot is that if they have to fit a new motherboard she has asked my friend to pay half the cost.
    Janome have said that they will do the repair under the warranty but she will have to bear the cost of couriering it to them and returning it.
    It has come back from the repairer but there was no reference as to what has been done. My friend has been using it but says it doesn't feel like it use to but will see how it goes. I was quite shocked at how she has been treated and the attitude of Janome and just hope my Horizon
    keeps going because I love it.
    Hope everything works out for you. I do seemed to always be moaning about Janome don't I but I do like my machine and I love this forum.
    Old 11-11-2010, 03:31 PM

That's scary. I've read several of these sort of experiences with Janome. Has anyone out there had a bad experience with Bernina?
    Old 11-11-2010, 04:23 PM
    Kas

My first Bernina 640 was a floor model and we got a screaming deal for it. It came with the BSR (which was why I wanted it but never use), the walking foot and the embroidery unit for $5,000. Well, the thread started getting stuck under a guide it shouldn't be going under twice. I don't know the technical term for it, but it made a horrible clunking noise and then the thread would break. Very frustrating. It went to the shop four times with no improvement. Finally, I went to pick it up and the shop owner told me they had just replaced the machine with one right out of the box. She couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new one for the same screaming deal. I haven't had a single problem with the replacement machine and I have had it for three years.
    Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
    That's scary. I've read several of these sort of experiences with Janome. Has anyone out there had a bad experience with Bernina?
    I think if you search hard enough there will be negative stories for ALL manufacturers.
    Old 11-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Originally Posted by Jo Mama
    I think if you search hard enough there will be negative stories for ALL manufacturers.

This! everyone remembers the horror stories. Janome isn't a beloved leading brand for no reason.