Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Schaumburg Expo >
  • Schaumburg Expo

• Schaumburg Expo

Old 06-04-2021, 10:26 PM

Default Schaumburg Expo

I had never attended this Expo before, so have nothing to compare it to, but I was a bit disappointed. There are some cosplay costumes displayed, along with a good number of for the most part small quilts from group challenges, but almost none were what I would call traditional quilts. Most of the vendors had machines - sewing, embroidery and quilting. There was very little fabric available. I did manage to spend some money, of course, including a EuroSteam iron and a laser light. I’m very glad that events are beginning to happen again, though, and thrilled that my sister won a Brother sewing machine in the first day’s prize drawing.
    Old 06-05-2021, 04:23 AM

Lucky sister! I am also thrilled that shows are coming back! We had one here in my town and it was a good one. Smaller and not a lot of quilts to look at but wonderful to get out and be among quilters again! And i also did my share to support them!! I want it to be worth their time to travel!!!
    Old 06-05-2021, 06:40 AM
    Power Poster

Worth the trip when your sister wins a machine! I think it will take a while before the big shows start to gear up.
    Old 06-05-2021, 09:35 AM

I haven't been to an expo in almost 10 years . I can't wait for one to show up in our area again. I miss these big shows.
    Old 06-05-2021, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
    Worth the trip when your sister wins a machine! I think it will take a while before the big shows start to gear up.
    She hasn’t decided what to do with it yet, since she already has 2 high-end sewing machines, 3 sergers and a long arm! It will probably end up being given to her granddaughter.
    Old 06-06-2021, 01:24 PM

Thank you for posting about the Expo. I considered going, but decided not to go as it’s a long drive.