Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • school house fabrics in Floyd Va >
  • school house fabrics in Floyd Va

• school house fabrics in Floyd Va

Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 PM

My DH and I took a day trip today to Va. First we went to Mabry Mills. Then we went on over to Floyd to School house fabrics. They do have a lot of fabric. However, I did not think it was worth my drive. If I go back I will have save up a lot money. There really was not anything under $7 a yard. I am sorry but I am tight with my money. I also look for deals and savings. I did not see any deals. So weekend afte next I will be making a trip to quilting quest which is a lot closer to home.
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Amazing how the price of fabric is going up. I had a hard time finding fabric in Florida that was less then $10.00 a yard. That is still better then the $38.00 per meter fabric was when I was in Australia 2 years ago!!
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Most quilting fabric is over $9 a yd. unless you use Hancocks or Joann's.
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41
    Most quilting fabric is over $9 a yd. unless you use Hancocks or Joann's.
    That is what I usually use. It is very hard for me to pay that much for fabric. I love quilting so I try to save money when I can.
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
    Power Poster

Around here its about 9.00, with the new stuff over 10.00!
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:37 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by chamby
    My DH and I took a day trip today to Va. First we went to Mabry Mills. Then we went on over to Floyd to School house fabrics. They do have a lot of fabric. However, I did not think it was worth my drive. If I go back I will have save up a lot money. There really was not anything under $7 a yard. I am sorry but I am tight with my money. I also look for deals and savings. I did not see any deals. So weekend afte next I will be making a trip to quilting quest which is a lot closer to home.
    I just love going up to Mabry Mill when I fly to Virginia. Did they still have the lovely quilt of Mabry Mill on the wall in the gift shop area? It is absolutely beautiful. Hopefully you took the time to eat at the restaurant while you were there. I did the last time and it was delicious. My dad challenged me to make a quilt of Lover's Leap up there on the Blue Ridge Mtn. before he died so I still need to that one of these days.

Sherryl - washington state
    Candlequilter
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 PM

I bought some of the new "Bliss" fabric for boarders today and it was $10.70 a yard.....If I didn't need this specifically I wouldn't have spend the money. I hope they (the fabric God's) don't price us out of fabric..our choices will have to be very specific with the high cost
    Old 10-10-2010, 04:25 AM
    Power Poster

I'm a bit confused these days with prices. Online shops have fabric so much cheaper!! And it's top quality so I've been doing a lot of shopping online :D
    Don't get me wrong, I love shopping at the LQS but not at some of the prices :(
    Must be the overhead, which is understandable but in this economy I have to find bargains.
    Old 10-10-2010, 05:09 AM

My mom and I took a trip to Schoolhouse not too long ago. I found only two pieces of fabric and they were not for quilting. My mom says that they used to have wonderful prices but for me, too high now. They do have LOTS of quilting fabrics though.
    Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
    Are you talking Mabry Mill that's on the Blue Ridge Parkway? :shock: It's one of my favorite places to visit! :wink: You're making me homesick. :cry: