Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Scratches and cuts in the sewing room. >
  • Scratches and cuts in the sewing room.

• Scratches and cuts in the sewing room.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:57 PM
    Power Poster

All it takes is one mishap with the pins in your mouth and it could be very tragic. One way to stop is get rid of all pins and use clips. Keep the pins out of sight and you won't reach for one. I seldom use pins for anything other then to pin some things on the design wall. I deftest pin pricks and really don't see the need for straight pins.
    Old 04-20-2023, 02:12 PM

I have to stay up to date for my job, but I tell my adult kids to make sure to get a tetanus shot when they renew their passports. They’re both due every 10 years, and it’s a good way to remember.
    Old 04-20-2023, 02:16 PM
    Power Poster

I am a whiny butt when it comes to shots. My last tetanus shot must have been around 20 years ago when our dog had a memory loss episode and sort of bit me. He snapped out of it and was worried about "mommy" but we went to the urgent care and I got some stitches in my pinky finger and a tetanus shot. It hurt like the devil! I did manage all the Covid shots (didn't hurt) and the two shingles shots (hurt a little more) but still haven't geared up for another tetanus shot. I am worse than a toddler!
    Old 04-20-2023, 05:15 PM
    Power Poster

The shot didn't hurt at all. Very quick, just a little prick. I remember the shot use to feel heavy and long and my arm hurt. I couldn't even tell I had a shot this time.
    Old 04-20-2023, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by gardengirl1331
    I'm more worried about keeping pins in my mouth!! Scares me, but I just can't break it!!
    Maybe reading this woman's story will cure you once and for all. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-pin-into-lung
    Old 04-21-2023, 04:57 AM

when I was hand quilting many hours a day, I would often find myself with the point of the needle under the nail on my right thumb. Could never figure out how I was doing it, I mean, I am pushing with my right middle finger but why was my thumb jumping up to meet it? At least I have never sewed over a finger on the machine!