Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Scrim batting >
  • Scrim batting

• Scrim batting

Old 10-30-2022, 04:09 PM

I use Warm and Natural, and Warm and White all the time. I've never paid attention to which side is up or down. I just cut the batting to the size I want it and set it aside for when I'm ready to baste it into a quilt sandwich.

Whatever side is facing the backing just happens to be how I picked it up when I was ready to lay it on. Never noticed or paid attention, one way or the other, and I've never had bearding either way. I quilt on a domestic machine.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 10-30-2022 at 04:14 PM.
    Old 10-30-2022, 07:50 PM
    Power Poster

I never pay any attention to what side goes where. I really really don't care. So far no problems at all.
    Old 11-01-2022, 12:03 PM

One of the reasons I use Quilter's Dream - it doesn't have that scratchy scrim. Plus it's just dreamy to quilt with.
    Old 11-05-2022, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by toogie
    Hi Quilters, I have a question a friend needs answered. She has batting with scrim, I think she called it. I don’t know what that is but she says it’s little bumps. 🤷‍♀️Anyway how do you sandwich it in a quilt? Do you put the bumpy scrim facing the wrong side of backing or next to the wrong side of top? Appreciate your thoughts and answers.
    I asked the ladies at the quilt guild this past week and they all had the same answer--Does Not Matter. They said what does matter is how you personally like doing the batting. One lady suggested that you make a 4 x 4 inch square and place some scrap both ways and then decide which works best to your personal feel. They also said that either way will keep you warm.