Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Selling on Ebay >
  • Selling on Ebay

• Selling on Ebay

Old 12-19-2010, 06:24 AM

Makes perfect sense to me.

I have sold on ebay in years past with alot of success, but I have to say, it's so much easier to post and sell on here. I don't think I'll ever go back to ebay with my quilty stuff.

This is a great group of men and women and a good source for trading/selling/giving away. So glad I found this site. Have already made lots of friends and donated lots of stuff towards good causes.

Barb/frugalfabrics
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    the rule is our attempt to ensure that the classifieds section is a benefit to genuine, active members who contribute to the information, friendship and fun. we are not a selling site with quilting thrown in as an extra. we are a quilting board with a section in which members can help each other make ends meet by selling/trading their extra fabric and supplies. ;-)

while the rule does not provide complete and perfect protection from those who join and maintain their membership only so they can dip their paws into our wallets, it does help.
    And an excellent rule it is! ;-)

You can also sell commercial fabrics on Etsy, btw. Their fees are lower than eBay and fabrics falls under the 'supplies' category.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Corky
    Is it because of the rules that you have to post 25 times before you can sell? I think it is silly, but I'm not in charge.

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    Instead of posting my fabric for sale on the quilting board I decided to put my fabric on ebay.
    the rule is our attempt to ensure that the classifieds section is a benefit to genuine, active members who contribute to the information, friendship and fun. we are not a selling site with quilting thrown in as an extra. we are a quilting board with a section in which members can help each other make ends meet by selling/trading their extra fabric and supplies. ;-)

while the rule does not provide complete and perfect protection from those who join and maintain their membership only so they can dip their paws into our wallets, it does help.
    I have been an active poster on the board and I don't understand why I can't post. First thing every morning I am on the board. The last few months I have been very busy with my quilting guess I will have to beef it up a bit. I still plan on posting fabric here as I have a ton of fabric. I am selling fabric only because I wasn't allowed to post it until I was a regular and I do believe I had that standing??? I need to sell my fabric otherwise we are not going to have a Christmas and that is why I am selling on Ebay it wasn't my first choice.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:04 AM

I haven't sold fabric on E-Bay but I have sold quilts (before I found this board). Bidders don't want to pay what the quilts are worth, so I won't sell anymore there. And yes, E-Bay sure gets their share of your money too!
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    I haven't sold fabric on E-Bay but I have sold quilts (before I found this board). Bidders don't want to pay what the quilts are worth, so I won't sell anymore there. And yes, E-Bay sure gets their share of your money too!
    i agree, I used to sell tops on ebay but they do not fetch what they are worth. Here, people appreciate the work that goes in to them.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 AM

Is it because of the rules that you have to post 25 times before you can sell? I think it is silly, but I'm not in charge.

Instead of posting my fabric for sale on the quilting board I decided to put my fabric on ebay.

I have been an active poster on the board and I don't understand why I can't post. First thing every morning I am on the board. The last few months I have been very busy with my quilting guess I will have to beef it up a bit. I still plan on posting fabric here as I have a ton of fabric. I am selling fabric only because I wasn't allowed to post it until I was a regular and I do believe I had that standing??? I need to sell my fabric otherwise we are not going to have a Christmas and that is why I am selling on Ebay it wasn't my first choice.
    There are many of us in the same boat. Christmas seems like something from the past. But with the fees on ebay and the wait for the auction to end it wasn't a good option for me. Getting busy posting will make you a "regular" in no time and if you accept PayPal you can count on your money immediately. I have sold plenty on this board and have never lost a penny.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 AM

If you check your "My Posts" section at the top of the page, you will see if you have enough (20 in 2 weeks) to be a regular. If you drift away and don't post you will lose your regular status.

You do know there is only a week left until Christmas???
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:15 AM
    Administrator

I have been an active poster on the board and I don't understand why I can't post.
    i don't want to sound harsh or uncaring. but ... it's important that we all read and abide by board policies.

selling here is not an entitlement. it's a privilege.

you do have an option that strikes a balance between "here" and "there". find a free or lowcost commercial selling site and offer things there. then, you can post a link to your page(s) in our Links & Resources section.

i just did a quick google. this website offers a list of alternative sites for selling.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ebay-alternative-selling-sites

special note: the proper web address to check out BlueJay is http://www.blujay.com/
    if you try to access bluejay.com you'll end up someplace else.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts

If you check your "My Posts" section at the top of the page, you will see if you have enough (20 in 2 weeks) to be a regular. If you drift away and don't post you will lose your regular status.

You do know there is only a week left until Christmas???

You say that you are on the board alot. To become a regular, just go to the Picture section and make a comment or two every time you log on. I did it as a test, (maybe a little bored at the time, also) and within 9 days I was a Regular. It's really pretty simple.

:D :D
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by cizzors
    You say that you are on the board alot. To become a regular, just go to the Picture section and make a comment or two every time you log on. I did it as a test, (maybe a little bored at the time, also) and within 9 days I was a Regular. It's really pretty simple.

:D :D
    And if enough people do only that, you are sure to prompt a change in the rule that will discount any posts made to the Pictures section. There are ways around almost every rule you run across, but why spend your life looking for the back door? :roll: