Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Selling on Ebay >
  • Selling on Ebay

• Selling on Ebay

Old 12-19-2010, 10:15 AM

I wouldn't be in this pickle right now if I would not have lost my Christmas money out of my purse. Really nothing else I can do but I do thank you all for all the suggestions.
    Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 AM
    pab

Thanks for clearing this up.I think we have people selling,selling,are they really quilters or out to "dip into our wallets". pab
    Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 AM

I wasn't on the this board to just sell fabric. I enjoyed posting and responding to the threads. But I just got busy with my sewing for Christmas so it is not an issue anymore.
    Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 AM

And, see, that is the problem I see with the rule. I understand the intent of the rule and I respect that, but all you have to do is go into some conversations and say one or two little things (and do that 20 times) to become a regular.

It is putting quantity above quality, IMNTBHO. (never to be humble!)

But, it is what it is.

I actually love this site, I use it daily, for many things (not just "dipping my hand in your wallets" (which I think is a rude statement, BTW) but also to get help and inspiration and links and recipes and tons of other stuff. It's a great site, in general.

I do sell on ebay and etsy and here, but it isn't necessarily for the $$, it is more to pass on to others things that are no longer my 'style' (fabrics!) and excess vintage items, etc. I am totally into downsizing nowadays!!

And: I believe people enjoy doing a bit of shopping while we converse.

Group hug to everyone! Now, onward and upward!

Originally Posted by JulieR
    Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Originally Posted by cizzors
    You say that you are on the board alot. To become a regular, just go to the Picture section and make a comment or two every time you log on. I did it as a test, (maybe a little bored at the time, also) and within 9 days I was a Regular. It's really pretty simple.

:D :D
    And if enough people do only that, you are sure to prompt a change in the rule that will discount any posts made to the Pictures section. There are ways around almost every rule you run across, but why spend your life looking for the back door? :roll:
    I think this solution might apply to people like me, who log in and read posts here every day (several times a day :)) but who don't often find they have anything helpful to say. As a newer quilter I'm learning like crazy but just don't usually feel confident enough to offer suggestions. Adding comments to pictures is a good way to say "hey, I'm here!" while also contributing positively to the community.
    Old 12-19-2010, 11:51 AM

BTW - I post most often in the PM (private message) section. And, FYI - those do not count toward your 20 msgs in 2 weeks.
    Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Corky
    BTW - I post most often in the PM (private message) section. And, FYI - those do not count toward your 20 msgs in 2 weeks.
    Nor should they because they contribute nothing at all to the community as a whole.
    Old 12-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Not an opinion, just an FYI

Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Originally Posted by Corky
    Nor should they because they contribute nothing at all to the community as a whole.
    Old 12-19-2010, 12:55 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

This is a great site with great protection from the administration and the moderators. I both sell and buy on this site, and on eBay. Both do their best to make "one size fits all". I am grateful to admin and moderators for all they do.

In the spirit of the season.....***HAPPY HOLIDAYS*** to everyone on the Board, no matter what their title!!!
    Old 12-19-2010, 01:01 PM
    Administrator

fully participating, genuine members who sell and trade with each other are not "dipping into anybody's pocket." they are helping each other out. when i purchase from somebody like that i feel more as though i have traded with a friend. it just happens that they traded a quilting supply to me and i traded money to them. i suspect most people feel that way.

when somebody has obviously established a presence with the sole motivation of selling through the classified section, that isn't an act of friendship. it's exploitation of our good nature. that person is a dipper.

I think many of us have made it clear that we do not consider Deborah a dipper. if we did, we wouldn't have offered so many constructive, helpful suggestions of ways to solve the problem and keep it solved.

time, i think, to bring this to a close.