Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Selling on Etsy >
  • Selling on Etsy

• Selling on Etsy

Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 AM

Tried on ESTY but no luck...I do Ebay. I guess everyone has a diff experience. Find it hard to find things on ESTY since it's on overload of stuff...
    Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 AM

I would like to know more about selling on Etsy, also. My son was trying to sell his hand carved walking sticks but had no luck.

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    Tammy - what is the name of your Etsy store? I would love to add it to my favorites :)

Kris
    Kris....I just looked at the Patchwork Chenille baby quilt, that you have for sale, and all I can say is...."WOW"!!! Gorgeous :shock: :shock: I had chenille bedspreads when I was growing up and have nostalgic feelings toward them.

Funny story about chenille bedspreads. When I was growing up my parents had a summer cottage and my mother would keep older bedding items, etc. there. One spring, when they opened the cottage up for the summer, she found that all of the chenille bedspreads were missing the little chenille tufts. It seems that the mice enjoy chenille also and had pulled all of the tufts out to line their nests :mrgreen:
    Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 AM

There is another place to sell your quilts etc is Yessy. I have sold a few things on there. It's nice because you get the price that the quilts are worth.
    Old 09-14-2011, 01:35 PM

I just added you to my favorites :)

I meant to check out your tags but I forgot. Be sure to use as many as possible and the more items - the better! One buyer may be looking for lady bugs while another may be looking for turtles, then once they visit your shop for that item, they will see others that are too cute to pass up on.

I don't buy fabric wholesale, sometimes I just over buy or I buy something and after a year I don't use it and I decide to sell it, my tastes in fabrics change.

I like Etsy because the fee's are less but it may sit in my shop for months.

I hope this helps some??

Kris
    Originally Posted by Plumtree
    Kris, your stuff is super cute. I have already added you to my favorites my store is PeaPodSquad. I need to get more things in my store, and like you I believe good pictures and a great product your stuff will sell.

Is that fabric from your stash or do you wholesale? If you wholesale mind sharing how you got started with that? I would love to be able to offer fabric and kits but not sure about the whole process of it.
    Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM

It took me a while to get the hang of Etsy. I would advise your son to go check out other carved walking sticks, check out their item "tags" which are actually what people search for when they look for an item. Tags are the #1 mistake people make, I also think good pictures are the key to success along with the right price. It is hard for somebody to see the quality on a computer, be sure to describe as much as possible and provide as detailed pictures as possible.

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    I would like to know more about selling on Etsy, also. My son was trying to sell his hand carved walking sticks but had no luck.

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    Tammy - what is the name of your Etsy store? I would love to add it to my favorites :)

Kris
    Kris....I just looked at the Patchwork Chenille baby quilt, that you have for sale, and all I can say is...."WOW"!!! Gorgeous :shock: :shock: I had chenille bedspreads when I was growing up and have nostalgic feelings toward them.

Funny story about chenille bedspreads. When I was growing up my parents had a summer cottage and my mother would keep older bedding items, etc. there. One spring, when they opened the cottage up for the summer, she found that all of the chenille bedspreads were missing the little chenille tufts. It seems that the mice enjoy chenille also and had pulled all of the tufts out to line their nests :mrgreen: