Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sew Kind of Wonderful Chic Kisses.  Need encouragement! >
  • Sew Kind of Wonderful Chic Kisses. Need encouragement!

• Sew Kind of Wonderful Chic Kisses. Need encouragement!

Old 09-13-2016, 06:46 AM
    Kas

Originally Posted by ScubaK
    I have one of her patterns and I got so frustrated, it has partially been cut and sitting for about 2 years...
    I think I will give it away as a freebie...
    Kirsten
    Not what I wanted to hear. I might be heading that way! Ha! Ha!
    Old 09-13-2016, 07:29 AM
    Power Poster

Can you post a picture of where you are and a closeup of what is giving your problems? It's hard for me to understand what you wrote as I am a visual person.
    Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM

I've worked with this ruler before on other patterns. It takes a good amount of practice, but once you get the feel of it you will be fine. The Curvemaster foot is also a big help if you happen to have one. Actually, you might look at a youtube for the curvemaster. The technique is the same for sewing that curve.
    Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 PM
    Kas

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Can you post a picture of where you are and a closeup of what is giving your problems? It's hard for me to understand what you wrote as I am a visual person.
    I'm going to try that. It's been quite a few years since I posted my Bad Kitty photos. I don't know if I am allowed to show the pattern directions without getting into trouble, but I will try to show the alignment of the ruler that is clear as mud.
    Old 09-14-2016, 04:29 AM

Just because you can quilt doesn't mean you can write a pattern for others to follow, just as because you can read doesn't mean you can teach. Contact the author of the pattern and inform her of your difficulties. From others' comments, it sounds like other patterns of hers have problems also. Sorry it happened to you.
    Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 AM

The Sew Kind of Wonderful website has a template for the Chic Kisses. Not sure if you have the template or if it would help. I made Metro Rings, and there was a learning curve for me, but really like how the quilt turned out. I found a tutorial which clarified my uncertainties. As suggested earlier, contact the pattern makers for assistance.
    Old 09-14-2016, 06:00 AM

Did you check their revisions page? I always check there first, if too many revisions (every pattern) I look elsewhere. http://sewkindofwonderful.com/pages/pattern-revisions
    Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 AM

I really am not sure what you are working on. If it is the football shape being pieced to an arc of pieced fabrics you should fold each in half lengthwise and mark center. Then match the centers of the arc and the football and pin together. if need be add some more pins. Put the piece that is more full on the bottom and let the feed dogs gather the excess in to fit the other. The width of the seam will matter as to whether they will fit just like a sleeve or a collar on clothing.
    Old 09-14-2016, 06:34 AM
    Kas

Originally Posted by AZ Jane
    Did you check their revisions page? I always check there first, if too many revisions (every pattern) I look elsewhere. http://sewkindofwonderful.com/pages/pattern-revisions
    Yes, and the tutorials they have, and youtube! No luck. I am making a trial block to see how bad it is after adding the other pieces. My arcs have turned out different sizes after trimming which makes it hard to know which one I should be aiming for.
    Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 PM
    mac

Wow, that looks very complicated. I think I would cheat somehow and make the stripes like they are suppose to be only make them longer on the inside and applique the football on top. Of course I don't know how that works out for the outside portion of the pieces attaching themselves. I know, strange idea.