Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sew Steady Free Motion Table >
  • Sew Steady Free Motion Table

• Sew Steady Free Motion Table

Old 11-02-2020, 03:25 PM
    Power Poster

I bought a sew steady table years ago. I had a friend whose business had a water jet and he cut the hole to the size I needed. I use it all the time with my Juki TL98 QE.
    Old 11-02-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mazo
    I wish I had the room for a cabinet. I’ve seen some great used Horn, Koala etc sell for hundreds instead of thousands.

If I had the room, I’d be looking for a used Q16/20/24 or used Juki Miyabi that I saw mentioned on another thread.

I’ll need to figure out how to make things work out. I’m leaning a bit to the Sew Steady that’s on sale, but the Free Motion version is piquing my interest. Also possible to set up the Sew Easy table temporarily.

For those that have both the portable table and the Sew Easy, If you could only pick one, which would it be?
    Actually, the oops too big cabinet that would not fit in the sewing room....and actually lives in the dining room, also serves double duty when I have company over....I drop the back leaf, settle the machine down into the storage position, replace the wooden insert I have for the machine opening, put on a pretty tablecloth....and I have a serving table....works slick...
    Old 11-30-2020, 08:50 PM

I have the Sew Steady extension table and love it ... I bought it several years ago at Road to California. Well worth the cost! I will have to check out the free motion table!
    Old 12-01-2020, 05:59 AM
    Power Poster

I don't know anything about the Sew Steady but I have your machine and that sucker is heavy! Mine is in a cabinet but my husband had to play around with it to make it sturdy enough in the well so that nothing bad would happen to my machine. It's a lot bigger than my other Bernina that was in it.